A Quick Bite (Argeneau Vampires, Book 1) by…

A Quick Bite (Argeneau Vampires, Book 1) (edition 2005)

by Lynsay Sands

Member:sidhevicious
Title:A Quick Bite (Argeneau Vampires, Book 1)
Authors:Lynsay Sands
Info:Avon (2005), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages

A Quick Bite by Lynsay Sands

Shortly after I started reading I realised this wasn't going to be the best book in the world though there were a couple of good jokes, one of them involves a cucumber...in a snack's trousers being used to cover his inability to get it up -the dude was anaemic and was faking everything: fake tan, fake job, fake shoulders (i.e. shoulder pads); the other involves Lissiana, a vampire with haemaphobia (a fear of blood) who faints at the very sight of blood. When I thought about this I couldn't help but wonder how she dealt with her periods, an obvious problem that Sands never addresses.

I don't know when this book was first published but it reads like it was written in the early 90s. It was highly predictable and VERY slow. Nothing surprised me. I admit I was looking for a light read with a happy ending, and I guess I got what I wanted I just didn't expect it to be this flimsy. The story was mostly about the Argeneau family, only in the last quarter of the book did you feel that Greg and Lissiana were in any danger, though it was glaringly obvious who had put them there.

There were plenty of embarressing moments for the main characters especially Greg who was humiliated a number of times though I think these instances were meant to be funny, they just came off as degrading to me.

On the plus side the history and explanation of how vampires came to be and the biological side of them was interesting as was Lissiana's mother's life story. Also the way Greg came into Lissiana's life was different to most of the paranormal romances I've read.

Overall A Quick Bite was synonymous with A Bit Dull. ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
Liked it, but I thought it took too damn long to get to the part where things actually start to happen. But then it got good and I started to really get into this world and its characters. Kudos points to the author on the fresh view about how the vampires came to be. Very interesting world building and plot. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
A vampire that faints at the site of blood? Weak... ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |
Good story, not amazing but good. Nanos....... ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jul 7, 2014 |
A typical yet different vampire story; I thought the evolution of vampires was a unique twist. But overall there really wasn't a plot, the heroine didn't show any backbone until more than 2/3 through the book, the hero (a somewhat known psychologist), just readily accepted the premise of vampires and even embraced the idea, although only knowing the family for just a few days? And the ending, that's how they dealt with the villain?

Could have been a really good story, with some character development and a better plot. ( )
  scottnl | Jan 6, 2014 |
For David, for all the coffee and kisses. Thank you.
November 2000.

"It's just a little dinner party."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060773758, Mass Market Paperback)

That hot guy tied to Lissianna Argeneau's bed? He's not dessert—he's the main course!

Lissianna has been spending her centuries pining for Mr. Right, not just a quick snack, and this sexy guy she finds in her bed looks like he might be a candidate. But there's another, more pressing issue: her tendency to faint at the sight of blood . . . an especially annoying quirk for a vampire. Of course it doesn't hurt that this man has a delicious-looking neck. What kind of cold-blooded vampire woman could resist a bite of that?

Dr. Gregory Hewitt recovers from the shock of waking up in a stranger's bedroom pretty quickly—once he sees a gorgeous woman about to treat him to a wild night of passion. But is it possible for the good doctor to find true love with a vampire vixen, or will he be just a good meal? That's a question Dr. Greg might be willing to sink his teeth into . . . if he can just get Lissianna to bite.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:23:48 -0400)

A gorgeous vampire who has a regrettable tendency to faint at the sight of blood, Lissianna Argeneau meets the man of her dreams in the person of Dr. Greg Hewitt, the handsome psychoanalyst she finds in her bed. Original.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,337,067 books! | Top bar: Always visible