A Quick Bite (Argeneau Vampires, Book 1) by…

A Quick Bite (Argeneau Vampires, Book 1) (edition 2005)

by Lynsay Sands

1,104None7,487 (3.62)21
Member:sidhevicious
Title:A Quick Bite (Argeneau Vampires, Book 1)
Authors:Lynsay Sands
Info:Avon (2005), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages

A Quick Bite by Lynsay Sands

Recently added byladodd, arparish82, cocktailsandbooks, KookinKraze, private library, LaurenKathryn

A typical yet different vampire story; I thought the evolution of vampires was a unique twist. But overall there really wasn't a plot, the heroine didn't show any backbone until more than 2/3 through the book, the hero (a somewhat known psychologist), just readily accepted the premise of vampires and even embraced the idea, although only knowing the family for just a few days? And the ending, that's how they dealt with the villain?

Could have been a really good story, with some character development and a better plot. ( )
  scottnl | Jan 6, 2014 |
I read this series from the library a few years ago, but couldn't remember WHICH series it was, or who the author was...until I got part way in to this, and remembered that I had, in fact, read it. I kept going because I couldn't remember how it ended, but I'm not going to bother rereading any of the others. Too much other stuff on my to-read list! ( )
  srearley | Sep 21, 2013 |
A Quick Bite is the first book in the Argeneau series. I accidentally read Love Bites, the first book in the series first. A Quick Bite is yet another paranormal romance, and so this means the usual boy meets girl and zmog they're in love forever and ever routine. As I have stated many times, I am not a fan of paranormal romance, but I was willing to give this book a try after enjoying Love Bites for its humor.

The plot really is quite basic. Lissianna, a 202 year old vampire meets Greg after her mother kidnaps him for her birthday. Greg assumes that he is to be a human sex toy, when in fact he was kidnapped to cure Lissianna of her phobia. Yes, she's a vampire who passes out at the sight of blood. At first she assumes that he is a special dinner, as vampires consider it a treat to come across an undiagnosed diabetic for the sugar in their blood. Greg is resistant to being tied up and served for dinner, but when he sees Lissianna, surprise surprise, it's instant boner time cause she's just that special.

Vampires are normally able to read minds, wipe memories and plant suggestions in the mind of humans, but Lissianna is unable to do so with Greg. Apparently, this is an indicator that she has met her true life mate. Everyone say awwww. Worry ensues because if Greg's memory cannot be erased, he certainly cannot "allowed to wander the earth with knowledge of who and what they are. Instead of being scared witless, he goes grocery shopping with them and out for breakfast -- 'cause that makes the most sense. Eventually Lissianna decides that Greg is really at risk when Uncle Lucien one of the oldest vampires in existence shows up and the two of them make a getaway on a bicycle. They end up roaming around downtown Toronto together.

Read more ( )
  FangsfortheFantasy | Sep 20, 2013 |
Read for Fun (Kindle)
Overall Rating: 3.50
Story Rating: 3.25
Character Rating: 3.75

First Thought when Finished: A Quick Bite was a strong beginning to a "new to me" series!

Story Thoughts: A Quick Bite is one of those of books that might have read better for me if I wasn't constantly looking up when I was going to get stories for other characters in the story. I just never was completely invested in the love story of Lissi and Greg.* I was more invested in every one around them which means the story and I never clicked. That is on me as the reader, not on the author! Though I did like the lengths her mom would go to in order to help her little girl (no matter how old you are, you are always momma's little girl)!

Character Thoughts: I really enjoyed the characters introduced in A Quick Bite. In fact, I am pretty sure I fell head over heals for a few of them. Lissi was a cute character and I think really coming into her own.** I felt she still had some "spreading her wings" growing to do but with Greg in her corner that is going to happen. I love Greg! Poor guy handled everything like a champ even after thinking that he was the birthday present in a whole other way! He was a fun character and just down right adorable.

Final Thoughts: I enjoyed my trip into the Argeneeau's world and will most certainly be following up with the next book!***

*I like Lissi and Greg more now as a couple after reading a few more stories in the series.
**Lissi really has come into her own after a few books in the series. I guess this is the plus of me being ahead of my review writing.
***Already did and I am on book 4. Overall this is just a fun series! ( )
  thehistorychic | Sep 16, 2013 |
The first time I read this book, I gave it 3 out of 5. The story was mildly engaging but I had a difficult time feeling an emotional connection to the characters. I reread the book and came up with the same score.

When I read, I want feel as if I know the characters and experience their journey with them. Unfortunately, this book felt like I was reading about a stranger’s story not experiencing a journey. I was unable to clearly picture some of the characters and settings in my mind and that may have been what caused my lack of emotional investment.

However, the concept and plot were interesting enough that I decided to give the series a shot and read another one.

My rating breakdown is below. The romance and sensuality scores don’t factor into the total rating of the book but I like to keep track of them anyway. Please remember that this is just my opinion and you are entitled to yours.

Plot: 3 – fair, held together well and was mildly interesting

Characters: 3 – like-able with some emotional attachment

Creativity: 4 – original, well-developed, decent execution but left no lasting impression

Romance: 3 – Relationship shows some romance but there was no emotional involvement

Sensuality: 2 – Subtle, little sexual activity, alluded to with minimal to moderate description
  TragicButterfly | Jun 14, 2013 |
For David, for all the coffee and kisses. Thank you.
November 2000.

"It's just a little dinner party."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060773758, Mass Market Paperback)

That hot guy tied to Lissianna Argeneau's bed? He's not dessert—he's the main course!

Lissianna has been spending her centuries pining for Mr. Right, not just a quick snack, and this sexy guy she finds in her bed looks like he might be a candidate. But there's another, more pressing issue: her tendency to faint at the sight of blood . . . an especially annoying quirk for a vampire. Of course it doesn't hurt that this man has a delicious-looking neck. What kind of cold-blooded vampire woman could resist a bite of that?

Dr. Gregory Hewitt recovers from the shock of waking up in a stranger's bedroom pretty quickly—once he sees a gorgeous woman about to treat him to a wild night of passion. But is it possible for the good doctor to find true love with a vampire vixen, or will he be just a good meal? That's a question Dr. Greg might be willing to sink his teeth into . . . if he can just get Lissianna to bite.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:23:48 -0400)

A gorgeous vampire who has a regrettable tendency to faint at the sight of blood, Lissianna Argeneau meets the man of her dreams in the person of Dr. Greg Hewitt, the handsome psychoanalyst she finds in her bed. Original.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,411,717 books! | Top bar: Always visible