Resurrection by Nancy Holder

Resurrection

by Nancy Holder, Debbie Viguie (Author)

A good ending to the series. It was definitely a roller coaster of a ride. There was so many twists and turns and things happening it was a quick read for me. I found myself totally engrossed in it and trying to read faster to see what happens. There was a lot to wrap up with this series but the authors did it in style. I really liked everything about it and definitely recommend this series to fans of witches/warlocks/demons etc. ( )
  BookLoversLife | Apr 24, 2014 |
I didn't enjoy this book in the series. ( )
  askum | Jul 16, 2013 |
I read the first four books in this series and just thought they were okay. I tend to be pretty easygoing and not easily disappointed with a series, so when I finally got to read the last book I was very disappointed to feel unfulfilled with the last part of the story and the ending. It seemed to me like the authors just pulled the ending out of their rear-ends and prayed it would work and be enough to satisfy the readers. Clearly it didn't satisfy me. But I will say that I was slightly pleased with one aspect of the ending. ( )
  ShanonS | Nov 29, 2011 |
I loved the other books in this series, but this one fell very short. I found myself not even caring whether any of the main characters lived or died. She switches perspectives far too often in the first half of the book. In her previous books she handled the switching very well in my opinion. But in Resurrection, she never sticks with characters long enough for her readers to reconnect with them. I also felt that she sacrificed character likability for cliffhanger chapter endings. Her attempts at suspense backfired for me because it seemed contrived. Furthermore, it turns out that none of the outrageous obstacles she gives her characters even matter as the ending is due in large part to a deus ex machina type situation.

The very end of the book was a huge let down. Nancy Holder doesn't pay off her readers' loyalty. Instead she rushes through the final chapters to tell (instead of show) what happens to her characters. Most of them are only afforded a sentence or two for their endings. Even Holly only gets a paragraph or so. ( )
  snazz | Jul 20, 2010 |
This one is kind of difficult to review there were parts I enjoyed and other were okay. There is an ending to this series and it is definatley here. Many battles fought and one. ( )
  MonicaLynn | Sep 7, 2009 |

Nancy Holderprimary authorall editionscalculated
Viguie, DebbieAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

A threat more powerful and frightening than anything they have faced before looms over the Cahors witches as both the Devereux and Cahors family lines face extinction, and Cahors family secrets are revealed.

Nancy Holder is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,541,802 books! | Top bar: Always visible