Detachment Fault by Susan Cummins Miller

It was a fine book, a little too cluttered here and there, and then on occasion it was not slow enough to understand where all the strands were connecting. It was well thought out and planned, that's for sure, but sometimes it seemed like some of the more important pieces, the connecting pieces, like the 'B' puzzle piece in an ABC puzzle, were missing.

That said, I liked the characters that I was supposed to like, and the 'bad' characters were three dimensional and just as fleshed out as the protagonist.

The geologist stuff was both interesting as well as sort of taking up space in an incomprehensible way. What I mean is, hey, I'm not stupid at all, but, some of the stuff was insanely over my head, and though I got enough of it to get where it fit in the book I didn't get it all. Still, the geology stuff fit nicely into the flow of the story and for those who came anywhere near understanding the complex parts, I'm sure it added yet another layer to the story. Solid three stars, leaning towards four. ( )
  DanieXJ | Oct 14, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425208931, Mass Market Paperback)

The debut of the new Frankie MacFarlane, Geologist, mystery series is a first-rate read. When a rare Alexandrite ring connects two dead bodies, Frankie finds herself between a rock and a hard place trying to crack the case.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:57:44 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,132,218 books! | Top bar: Always visible