Three Weddings and a Kiss (The Kiss / Fancy…

Three Weddings and a Kiss (The Kiss / Fancy Free / The Mad Earl's Bride /…

by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss (Contributor)

369944,066 (3.42)1 / 3

Catherine Anderson's story was cute, the story of a young girl insecure about her appearance and bad vision, who ends up in a shotgun wedding and then clumsily tries to hide her nearsightedness from her new husband and family. Sweet and quickly resolved angst. (3.5 stars)

Loretta Chase's story was also quite good, and unique. At first I felt their "need" to marry to be pretty contrived, but after her plans for a hospital are explained, it made more sense. I love a bluestocking heroine. (3 stars)

I'll review the last two stories when I finish re-reading the book.

(First read September 24, 2011) ( )
  PNRList | Aug 15, 2018 |
"You're thinking about Chance again," came Elizabeth's exasperated voice. "You're letting the memory of that scoundrel ruin every opportunity of making a good match! It's time to forget him and consider your future."

...

"I've thought about my future very carefully," Lidian replied calmly. "I intend to wait for Chance to come back to me, no matter how long it takes."

Lisa Kleypas shows us how true love will always win in a romance about one stubborn lady -- and the persistent suitor who opens her heart.
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
Fancy Free - Catherine Anderson: The (Wild) West is not a setting I enjoy. Well written, but just not my cup of tea.
Rating: 5/10

The Mad Earl's Bride - Loretta Chase: This novella has a very interesting storyline and I enjoyed it very much. Very well done for a novella.
Rating: 9/10

Promises - Lisa Kleypas: This novella is hard to rate. The story flows nicely, but I'm not convinced by Lidian's love for Eric. She comes across as being superficial and confusing sex with love.
Rating: 7/10

The Kiss - Kathleen E. Woodiwiss: This short story is so outdated, so '70/80s. It felt like watching an overacted play. Rating: 3/10

Overall: I bought this because of the Loretta Chase and Lisa Kleypas novellas, and as far as I'm concerned it was worth it solely because of the Loretta Chase novella. ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
Promises - [a:Lisa Kleypass|6294834|Lisa Kleypass|http://www.goodreads.com/assets/nophoto/nophoto-U-50x66-251a730d696018971ef4a443cdeaae05.jpg] - 4 Stars - Loved it! Lidian and Eric are so cute together. Lidian's mother Elizabeth and Eric's uncle Garrett were also really cute. I bonded with these characters quickly and am glad they are getting their HEAs. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
Collection of quick reads. My favorites are Fancy Free and The Mad Earl's Bride. ( )
  lesmel | Aug 24, 2014 |

Fancy Free by Catherine Anderson
The Mad Earl's Bride by Loretta Chase
Promises by Lisa Kleypas
The Kiss by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0380781220, Mass Market Paperback)

Everyone loves a wedding...

Nothing lifts our hearts like the joyous peal of wedding bells. Or the sight of a happy couple being showered with confetti and good wishes. Now the most exciting new names in romantic fiction and the bestselling author who started it all—escort you down the aisle to a place of honor at four glorious celebrations of everlasting love:

Kathleen E. Woodiwiss reintroduces us to the beloved characters from The Flame and the Flower including Jeff Birmingham, who seals an impetuous proposal with one brief, precious and passionate kiss.

Catherine Anderson calls us to meet a tempestuous pair of wild western hearts, in a tale of a frontier revenge that backfires.

Loretta Chase melts our hearts with a story of an unconventional young woman's offer of marriage to a "mad" and presumed dying earl.

Lisa Klepas shows us how true love will always win in a romance about one stubborn lady—and the persistent suitor who opens her heart.

So come join the celebration and experience Three Weddings and a Kiss.

Love for now...and always.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:22 -0400)

Everyone loves a wedding... Nothing lifts our hearts like the joyous peal of wedding bells. Or the sight of a happy couple being showered with confetti and good wishes. Now the most exciting new names in romantic fiction and the bestselling author who started it all -escort you down the aisle to a place of honor at four glorious celebrations of everlasting love: KATHLEEN E. WOODIWISS reintroduces us to the beloved characters from THE FLAME AND THE FLOWER including Jeff Birmingham, who seals an impetuous proposal with one brief, precious and passionate kiss. CATHERINE ANDERSON calls us to meet a tempestuous pair of wild western hearts, in a tale of a frontier revenge that backfires. LORETTA CHASE melts our hearts with a story of an unconventional young woman's offer of marriage to a "mad" and presumed dying earl. LISA KLEYPAS shows us how true love will always win in a romance about one stubborn lady -and the persistent suitor who opens her heart. So come join the celebration and experience THREE WEDDINGS AND A KISS Love for now...and always.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,793,308 books! | Top bar: Always visible