Three Weddings and a Kiss by Kathleen E.…
333933,108 (3.38)1 / 3
Member:mom2lnb
Title:Three Weddings and a Kiss
Authors:Kathleen E. Woodiwiss
Other authors:Lisa Kleypas (Author), Loretta Chase (Author), Catherine Anderson (Author)
Info:Avon (1995), Mass Market Paperback, 389 pages
Tags:Romance, Romance Historical, Romance Historical American Frontier/Western, Romance Historical Regency, Romance Historical American Antebellum South, Romance Historical Anthology

Three Weddings and a Kiss (The Kiss / Fancy Free / The Mad Earl's Bride / Promises) by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss (Contributor)

Recently added bySweetLiar, sydaisy, private library, BookHavenAZ, mrsdanaalbasha, bhabeck, nancylouz, sheriep

"You're thinking about Chance again," came Elizabeth's exasperated voice. "You're letting the memory of that scoundrel ruin every opportunity of making a good match! It's time to forget him and consider your future."

...

"I've thought about my future very carefully," Lidian replied calmly. "I intend to wait for Chance to come back to me, no matter how long it takes."

Lisa Kleypas shows us how true love will always win in a romance about one stubborn lady -- and the persistent suitor who opens her heart.
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
Fancy Free - Catherine Anderson: The (Wild) West is not a setting I enjoy. Well written, but just not my cup of tea.
Rating: 5/10

The Mad Earl's Bride - Loretta Chase: This novella has a very interesting storyline and I enjoyed it very much. Very well done for a novella.
Rating: 9/10

Promises - Lisa Kleypas: This novella is hard to rate. The story flows nicely, but I'm not convinced by Lidian's love for Eric. She comes across as being superficial and confusing sex with love.
Rating: 7/10

The Kiss - Kathleen E. Woodiwiss: This short story is so outdated, so '70/80s. It felt like watching an overacted play. Rating: 3/10

Overall: I bought this because of the Loretta Chase and Lisa Kleypas novellas, and as far as I'm concerned it was worth it solely because of the Loretta Chase novella. ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
Promises - [a:Lisa Kleypass|6294834|Lisa Kleypass|http://www.goodreads.com/assets/nophoto/nophoto-U-50x66-251a730d696018971ef4a443cdeaae05.jpg] - 4 Stars - Loved it! Lidian and Eric are so cute together. Lidian's mother Elizabeth and Eric's uncle Garrett were also really cute. I bonded with these characters quickly and am glad they are getting their HEAs. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
Collection of quick reads. My favorites are Fancy Free and The Mad Earl's Bride. ( )
  lesmel | Aug 24, 2014 |
April 10, 2014

THE KISS

I am not going to write a review for the Kathleen E. Woodiwiss story. I am posting this so those that might read this review will know that THE KISS is the first part of the prelude to A SEASON BEYOND A KISS. The second part of the prelude is BEYOND THE KISS. If you have any plans to read A SEASON BEYOND A KISS then you definitely should read the two prelude stories. These stories are about Jeff Birmingham, Brandon's brother from A FLAME AND A FLOWER.

PROMISES

This is probably not going to be a very long review. It is hard to write a good review for such a short story. The characters always seem a little shallow in a novella. It is hard to get to know them and for them to develop a relationship with so few pages. Maybe that is why Eric De Gray and Lidina Acland aren't as wonderful as some of Ms. Kleypas's other characters. The story is a good story but it could have been great with a few more words. There would have been great potential for developing the villain into a really nasty man. Ms. Kleypas does do a pretty good job of making Chance Spencer look like most young woman’s worst nightmare. He is an arrogant, self-centered, misogynist. Eric gives him the thrashing that he deserves.

Eric De Gray is a caring, loving son and brother. He suffers from survivor’s guilt after losing his brother in a hunting accident. He has become a serious man that takes his responsibilities for his family very seriously.

Lidina Acland has taken on the management of the estate her father left. His death hit both her mother and Lidina very hard. Lidina is a little naive and a little too trusting. She has never been courted and has few friends she could talk to about life and men. She is kind and serious and intelligent.

There are several love stories going on in these few pages. It might have been better to just have concentrated on one and written the other at another time. This story is worth the time to read even if it is just to get a taste of Ms. Kleypas's talent for telling a good story that will keep you turning the pages to get to the end. ( )
  LadyIsis | Apr 10, 2014 |

Fancy Free by Catherine Anderson
The Mad Earl's Bride by Loretta Chase
Promises by Lisa Kleypas
The Kiss by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0380781220, Mass Market Paperback)

Everyone loves a wedding...

Nothing lifts our hearts like the joyous peal of wedding bells. Or the sight of a happy couple being showered with confetti and good wishes. Now the most exciting new names in romantic fiction and the bestselling author who started it all—escort you down the aisle to a place of honor at four glorious celebrations of everlasting love:

Lisa Klepas shows us how true love will always win in a romance about one stubborn lady—and the persistent suitor who opens her heart.

So come join the celebration and experience Three Weddings and a Kiss.

Love for now...and always.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:22 -0400)

Everyone loves a wedding... Nothing lifts our hearts like the joyous peal of wedding bells. Or the sight of a happy couple being showered with confetti and good wishes. Now the most exciting new names in romantic fiction and the bestselling author who started it all--escort you down the aisle to a place of honor at four glorious celebrations of everlasting love. Kathleen E. Woodiwiss reintroduces us to the beloved characters from The Flame and the Flower including Jeff Birmingham, who seals an impetuous proposal with one brief, precious and passionate kiss. Catherine Anderson calls us to meet a tempestuous pair of wild western hearts, in a tale of a frontier revenge that backfires. Loretta Chase melts our hearts with a story of an unconventional young woman's offer of marriage to a "mad" and presumed dying earl. Lisa Klepas shows us how true love will always win in a romance about one stubborn lady--and the persistent...… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,814,276 books! | Top bar: Always visible