De liefde van haar leven by Harriet Evans

De liefde van haar leven (edition 2011)

by Harriet Evans

Member:veke123
Title:De liefde van haar leven
Authors:Harriet Evans
Info:Amsterdam Dwarsligger 2011
Collections:Roman & Literatuur, Bieb, Read but unowned
Rating:****1/2
Tags:fictie, fiction, romance, chicklit

The Love of Her Life by Harriet Evans

Going Home by Harriet Evans (POLLYPIPS)
    POLLYPIPS: Harriet Evans hasn't written many books (3 i think) but each one is a treat. Pick one up soon. You wont be sorry.

Kate Miller is going through the motions in New York City, her home for the last three years. She has received word that her father is ill and she must return to her home in London. The thought of returning to the city that nearly destroyed her is scary at best. Is she strong enough to face her past?

The story is a tragic one and I will let Kate Miller tell you her story. It involves a series of events that spiraled out of control, starting with a cheating fiance and concluded with tragic consequences. Is Kate strong enough to face all of that with her return to London? It was 3:00am in the morning and I was crying in bed. Kate Miller is a very likable character. I so badly wanted her to sort things out and live happily ever after with The Love of Her Life. Does she? That you must discover for yourself. ( )
  charlotteg | Dec 7, 2009 |
I have read Harriet Evan's other two books and enjoyed them so I was really looking forward to this one. I was not disappointed and read this one in two days as I just could not put it down!

The central character is Kate Miller who has lived in New York for the past three years, however, she has to return to London to see her father who is very ill. By returning she has to face up to everything and everyone that she ran away from. It is ultimately a story of love and friendship, it explores the bonds that we create with people and how love and true friendship can stand most tests of life.

Evans is very good at drawing you in with little snippets of information so that you keep turning the pages to get more. This was a very good story, very poignant in places but also extremely light hearted. I would recommend this and any other of Harriet Evan's books. ( )
  dotholden | Jan 13, 2009 |

Harriet Evansprimary authorall editionscalculated
Loon, Parma vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Kate Miller fled from London to New York three years ago when her life fell apart spectacularly, painfully, and forever. Now she feels like a true New Yorker, but when her father becomes ill and she must return to London, she realizes that it's time to face the friends and memories she'd left behind.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,450,445 books! | Top bar: Always visible