Rosa Parks by Wil Mara

Rosa Parks

by Wil Mara

572308,837 (5)None

I enjoy the Rookie Biography series because the books are written at a level that my students can read and understand.
I use this book during civics when we look at certain people that made a difference in the world.
  annacooper | May 2, 2010 |
A very good summary of Rosa Park's life and the Montgomery bus boycott. It did a good job of explaining in a forthright fashion some of the discrimination that African Americans suffered without a judgmental tone. Instead of drawings, the book is illustrated with real photographs that depict the story beautifully. I am going to use it with my Daisy Scout troop when we talk about Courageous and Strong (one of our Petal Badges). ( )
  dbaur | Jan 7, 2009 |

Presents a brief look at the life of Rosa Parks

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:36 -0400)

A short biography of the famous civil rights figure and her work.

Wil Mara is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,763,362 books! | Top bar: Always visible