Born of Night (The League, Book 1) by…

Born of Night (The League, Book 1) (edition 2009)

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Series: League (1)

Member:steph8787
Title:Born of Night (The League, Book 1)
Authors:Sherrilyn Kenyon
Info:St. Martin's Paperbacks (2009), Edition: First Edition, Mass Market Paperback, 560 pages
Collections:Already Finished
Rating:*****

Born of Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon (Kodibear)
    Kodibear: A man with a tortured past learns not only trust, but how to love and be loved.
    Man of My Dreams [Anthology 4-in-1] by Sherrilyn Kenyon (TheBooknerd)

English (28)  German (1)  All languages (29)
I am reminded again of why this is such an astounding book! Bravo!

giraffkrzy | Feb 17, 2016 |
Audio- It was predictable, Hardened Alpha man, damaged by years of abuse meets sweet kind woman that changes his world. He saves her, she saves him. Simple plot, and not normally interesting enough for me to finish a story. But, I really liked the characters, they were all so quirky and unique as was the world created. I sat on the edge of my seat even though I knew what was going to happen already, I liked their reactions to the events. I will not rush out to read the next in this series but I will read it ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Well..... I started out with an audiobook and the narration wasn't to my liking. So, I switched to ebook format. The fantasy genre isn't something that I normally like all that much. But, I did enjoy this story. For the story, I'd give it 3 stars. For the relationship between H/h is a 1. I also didn't care for the heroine at all. She was everything that I dislike in a heroine... and I just couldn't relate to her at all.

After reading the author's note, I learned that this was Sherrilyn Kenyon's first book she ever wrote. This was written in 1986 and published in 1996. She has since picked up the series again. I think future books in this series will be much better so I'm willing to try more books. I noticed that there is a new narrator for book 2 so I will try the audio version as well. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |

CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
I have to say first off that this is not my genre. I love a good romance but, futuristic romance is just not my thing. That being said, I actually read this book until the end, which for me is a huge fete since I usually will stop reading after the first few chapters once I realize I am not into it. As a book reviewer though, I am learning to give everything a fair chance. This story wasn't too bad, the characters are wonderful and there is a good balance between the romance and the sci fi. There were some parts I had to force myself through but others I could not stop reading. I read this whole book in one sitting, it took me roughly 6 hours. Not bad.

Overall this book isn't for me but if you enjoy this genre, I firmly believe you will love this book whole-heartedly. I do have to admit, since the next book features Syn as the main character I might have to read it, because he was a good comic relief in this book. We shall see. ( )
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |
"I quit the League tonight."

Princess Kiara Zamir in repulsed by those who perpetuate violence like the brutal attacks on her family. Nykyrian Quiakides, a hybrid human and Andarion (a predatory alien race), is a former assassin for The League, who now leads a group of vigilantes known as The Sentella. Ironically, Nykyrian's team finds themselves serving as protectors of Kiara against kidnappers and assassins, giving Kiara and Nykyrian, two broken individuals, a chance at romance-if they can survive.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312942303, Mass Market Paperback)

In the Ichidian Universe, The League and their ruthless assassins rule all. Expertly trained and highly valued, the League Assassins are the backbone of the government. But not even the League is immune to corruption . . .

Command Assassin Nykyrian Quikiades once turned his back on the League—and has been hunted by them ever since. Though many have tried, none can kill him or stop him from completing his current mission: to protect Kiara Zamir, a woman whose father’s political alliance has made her a target.

As her world becomes even deadlier, Kiara must entrust her life to the same kind of beast who once killed her mother and left her for dead. Old enemies and new threaten them both and the only way they can survive is to overcome their suspicions and learn to trust in the very ones who threaten them the most: each other.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:47 -0400)

"He was born and trained to kill. Command Assassin Nykyrian Quiakides once turned his back on the League--and has been hunted by them ever since. Though many have tried, none can kill him or stop him from completing his current mission: to protect Kiara Zamir, a woman whose father's political alliance has made her a target."--page [4] of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,353,140 books! | Top bar: Always visible