The Secret Code of Success: 7 Hidden Steps…

The Secret Code of Success: 7 Hidden Steps to More Wealth and Happiness

by Noah St. John

211495,208 (2)None

I was very disappointed with this book.

I had heard the author, Noah St. John, on a call on the net and heard him talk about afformations, which I found very exciting.

He asserted that affirmations don’t work, but that when you turn them into questions in the way he suggests, then they become very effective, and in fact dissolve your subconscious blocks. He called these questions afformations.

For instance, instead of reciting “I am rich” you need to say “Why am I so rich?”. Instead of “I am getting healthier and healthier” you should state “Why have I become healthier and healthier?” And so on.

But, unfortunately, I found this book so boring that I could hardly get through it. It had something to do with the author’s style of writing. The only thing I got out of it apart from the afformations was that he told us we can’t achieve anything by working on our own because we don’t really believe in ourselves, and it is therefore essential for us to find others who do so and will support us. There are chapters on “Loving Mirrors and Safe Havens” and “Systems of Support”.

I don’t know whether Noah St. John (cool name by the way) is correct in this assumption or not. Perhaps he is. I do much appreciate his afformations and have begun to use them.

I think his system may well work, if only you can manage to get through the book and find out what the system actually consists of.

But I can’t recommend the book. Perhaps the author’s little books on afformations are more readable. I would hope so. ( )
  IonaS | Jul 8, 2012 |

Americans spend more than $11 billion a year on self-help products—everything from books to diet pills to career coaches to seminars. So why—with all this time, money, and energy being spent—are so few people living the life they really want? Why are millions of smart, talented, motivated people still going through life with one foot on the brake?

Here's the real Secret: You don't need any more how-to-succeed information to reach your full potential.

The problem isn't lack of motivation or lack of information. The real problem is that most people focus on the "how-to" aspects of success taught by traditional self-help programs, without coming to terms with what productivity expert Noah St. John calls your "head trash"—the subconscious, emotional roadblocks that prevent people from acting on their real hopes, dreams, and ambitions. In this groundbreaking book, based on work with thousands of clients around the world, Noah St. John has created a remarkable, step-by-step approach that helps you achieve long-term happiness, success, and wealth. In The Secret Code of Success, you will learn how to:

Eliminate the causes of self-sabotage and fear of success

Allow yourself to make more money

Remove stress while dramatically increasing personal productivity

Improve relationships with coworkers, family, and friends

Experience enhanced feelings of happiness, connection, and love

The Secret Code of Success shows that, when it comes to success, the conscious mind is exactly the wrong place to start. It's only when we first conquer the self-sabotage of our subconscious (which accounts for 90 percent of our behavior) that we can truly begin to enjoy a life filled with success. This insight is at the core of The Secret Code of Success and leads to Noah's revolutionary 7-step method for eliminating these psychological obstacles. True financial freedom and personal success is possible at last!

The Secret Code of Success shows you how to get your foot off the brake and start living the life you deserve.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:22:18 -0400)

Americans spend billions on self-help products, yet few people are living the life they really want. The real problem, says productivity expert Noah St. John, is that most people focus on the "how-to" aspects of success without coming to terms with what calls your "head trash"-the subconscious, emotional roadblocks that prevent people from acting on their real hopes, dreams, and ambitions. St. John has created a seven-step approach that helps you learn how to: eliminate the causes of self-sabotage and fear of success; allow yourself to make more money; remove stress while dramatically increasing personal productivity; improve relationships with coworkers, family, and friends; and experience enhanced feelings of happiness, connection, and love.--From publisher description.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,432,618 books! | Top bar: Always visible