The Legend of Rosepetal by Clemens Brentano

The Legend of Rosepetal

by Clemens Brentano

302367,255 (3)None

I did not like this book. It is based on a Irish Tale about a princess giving up her life for her daughter. The daughter then does the same. It has a great concept, but I don't think I would read this to my children.The book is very dark. It has a great lesson though, family will do anything for you. But, I do not see it being great in the classroom. ( )
  jaelynculliford | Oct 2, 2014 |
I thought this sory was very sad however it was well written. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in old fashioned fairytalkes. This story is about tragic lives but it does have ahappy ending. The illustrations work great with the text. ( )
1 vote mmgomez1 | Apr 29, 2012 |

Clemens Brentanoprimary authorall editionscalculated
Zwerger, LisbethIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bell, AntheaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

A lover of roses with most of her kingdon made into a rose garden, Princess Rosalina makes a pact with an old enchantress to obtain the most beautiful rosebush of all.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:04 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,573,525 books! | Top bar: Always visible