Point of No Return [1993 film] by John…

Point of No Return [1993 film]

by John Badham

261415,071 (3)None

3/5 Stars
Point of No Return
By: Diana J. Febry
Published By: Smashwords Edition
Published on: August 1st 2015

Set in the English country side, Point of No Return features two detectives on the hunt for a suspect whose been vandalizing . DCI Peter Hatherall and DI Fiona Williams begin their journey at the property of James Palmer where a noose has been hung from his tree. The entire town knows the meaning of this act and everyone could be a suspect. However, when the seemingly innocent acts turn deadly, it’s up to Hatherall and Williams to find the culprit. What does a panty thief, a hangman’s noose and a country club have in common? Better yet, whose guilty and whose innocent? The adulterer? Or is it the grieving father of a man who committed suicide? How about the irritable gamekeeper?

Diana J. Febry gives us a cozy murder mystery with hints of psychological thriller bits. I appreciate the author’s attention to detail and how fast paced this story seemed to unfold. I enjoyed reading about life like characters and the motivations behind their actions.

That being said there were parts of the story that I had difficulty following. The relationship between Hatherall and Williams should have been a bit more in depth in order to really feel it. Either that or I could have done without it completely. I also felt like the beginning chapters were lengthy and a bit unnecessary. I would have preferred a shortened version in prologue form.

If you’re looking for a fun murder mystery and a quick cozy read, then this book is for you.

Thank you to the author for providing me with a copy in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  lenamaybooks | Aug 2, 2016 |

John Badhamprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bancroft, Annesecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Byrne, Gabrielsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fonda, Bridgetsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Keitel, Harveysecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Mulroney, Dermotsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Thriller about a street junkie who is transformed by a covert government agency from a death row inmate into an elite assassin living on borrowed time.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,146,162 books! | Top bar: Always visible