Dream a Little Dream by Susan Elizabeth…

Dream a Little Dream (edition 1998)

by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Member:anyya
Title:Dream a Little Dream
Authors:Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Info:Avon (1998), Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:read, pb, eb, Chicago Stars

Dream a Little Dream by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Recently added byMolle_McGregor, recrawfo, kitten20057, fiaerfly, Singerjas97, owtpalready, private library, nmusey

English (13)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (14)
Dream A little Dream by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Her swindling husband dies in a crash and Rachel and her son go back to her home in Salvage, NC
Rachel Stone and her 5 yo son has a scandalous past and nothing much left to her name.
Gabe Barner wants to be left alone. He has lost his whole life and child and sees her as a nuisance.
Over time he tries to help her and her son out and gets a bit too close at times. He is still healing and can he move past it?
She has a hard life trying to convince others it was her husband cheating them all and not her. Some in town think she can be their miracle and cure them from their ailments.
Hot steamy sex scenes. She realizes that there is no treasure where she thought it was and maybe it was time to move on...
  jbarr5 | Feb 25, 2014 |
This is such an emotional read. Despite the dark subject matter it really grabs you and won't let go. SEP at her best. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
ereader ebook
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
I did not like this one as much as This Heart of Mine, Natural Born Charmer, or It Had to be You. I found it lacking in funny dialogue (I suppose my expectations should be lower given the seriousness of some of the issues that run through this book but I've come to expect a certain amount of entertaining banter and didn't get it here) and I really disliked most of the characters. I think the only character really enjoyed was Kristy. Her side story with Ethan was actually more enjoyable for me than the main storyline. ( )
  FlanneryAC | Mar 31, 2013 |
I enjoyed this book. I really liked Rachael. She used humor to help her get through some really rough situations. I felt like SEP did a good job expressing what Gabe was going through. It was very sad. I really did enjoy this book and the only reason I gave it 4 1/2 stars instead of 5 was because it was just a little bit too sad for me. I have a hard time reading about children who are sick or die and I'm not sure if it's a subject I care to approach when I pick up a romance. However, I did really enjoy the book overall. ( )
  mschweer432 | Jun 21, 2010 |

Phillips, Susan Elizabethprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fields, AnnaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Molnár Gabriella,secondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wittich, Gertrudsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

After the discovery that her late husband, a popular televangelist, embezzled five million dollars from his ministry, Rachel Stone, the televangelist's widow, is an outcast—broke, unemployed, with a five-year-old son to raise. Fate and a dead car engine leave her at a shabby drive-in theater owned by Gabriel Bonner, the hostile black sheep of the town's most prominent family. Welcome to Salvation, North Carolina, where a man who's forgotten what tenderness means meets a woman with nothing to lose.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0380794470, Mass Market Paperback)

A Desperate Young Mother

Rachel Stone's bad luck has taken a turn for the worse. With an empty wallet, a car's that's spilling smoke, and a five-year-old son to support, she's come home to a town that hates her. But this determined young widow with a scandalous past has learned how to be a fighter. And she'll do anything to keep her child safe—even take on. . .

A man With No Heart

Gabe Bonner wants to be left alone, especially by the beautiful outcast who's invaded his property. She has a ton of attitude, a talent for trouble, and a child who brings back bad memories. Yet Rachel's feisty spirit might just be heaven-sent to save a tough, stubborn man.

Dare To Dream

Welcome to Salvation, North Carolina—where a man who's forgotten what tenderness means meets a woman with nothing to lose. here two endearing lovers will set off on a funny, touching journey of the heart. . .to a place where dreams just might come true.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:46 -0400)

A widow tries to survive in a hostile town in North Carolina. She is Rachel Stone whose TV evangelist husband defrauded scores of citizens. Rachel, who has a child, finds work at a drive-in theater owned by widower Gabe Bonner. Love is born, but his family opposes her, considering her a gold digger.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,493,721 books! | Top bar: Always visible