Dream of Me ; Believe in Me by Josie Litton

Dream of Me ; Believe in Me

by Josie Litton

197490,297 (3.9)5

Dream Of Me and Believe in Me is part of an older trilogy that Litton first wrote years ago and it was so dang great!! I just loved everything about this one. This book features two full-length novels. So don't be too daunted by the 800 pages, because yeah 800 pages for only $5 on Amazon is a great deal for sure. This trilogy features three couples that are connected to each other and their marriages will bring peace to these two warring nations.

The first book is Dream of Me which features Viking leader Wolf Hakonson and Lady Cymbra, a Saxon lady. There has been an arranged marriage between Wolf and Cymbra but when a miscommunication occurs, and Wolf thinks that Cymbra has cried off, he decides to go after her and kidnaps her and takes her back to his home. He learns that Cymbra is not only beautiful but talented as a healer. Wolf knows that he has little time to convince Cymbra to give their marriage a chance before her brother comes to find her.

He was her wall now, her shelter, her protection. His arms were strong, and they would never let her go.

There are some misunderstandings that happen between the two, but I really enjoyed the dynamics that develop in their relationship. This story revitalized my love of Viking romance and Litton has one of the best writing when it comes to medieval romances. Even though the hero is full on Alpha Male, and a bit controlling at times, its more out of being protective and considering the time era, it's definitely a valid concern here. But our heroine is no doormat. She will say yes and agree but then just go out and do what needs to be done and suffer the consequences later. I do love how kind and compassionate she is, and she really balances out Wolf's strong personality. I love how gentle he is with her at times, he may be the leader of his people and a Viking to boot....but he is so careful with her and when he falls in love with Cymbra...he falls very hard and I adored seeing Cymbra having him wrapped around her finger. Simply an amazing book that had me eager for more books just like this one...bring on the VIKINGS!!

Now for book two---Believe In Me. The hero is Cymbra's brother who is Saxon and his bride is a Viking lady. Now Hawk has worked hard to rebuild and make his people powerful once again. He is eager to meet his new bride that has been arranged because he does want peace between the Saxons and the Vikings. He is always ready for battle and war, but he also knows how appealing peace would be not only for himself but his people that deserve it. Krysta has come in secret posing as a servant so she can get to know "Hawk" and understand the type of man he truly is. Krysta is nervous and scared about this marriage and she wants to be loved and wants to know if Hawk will be capable of it. But her identity becomes revealed soon after she arrives and Krstya will have to win Hawk over and win his trust.

He was so far beyond her dreams, so much more than she could ever have hoped for. She loved him with all her heart and soul.

I really really adored this set up between Hawk and Krysta. Their relationship is so much fun and boy full of quite a few misunderstandings but I loved that they always end up talking and working out their problems when they arise. Their relationship isn't perfect but I truly adored Krysta. I loved that she owns up to her mistakes, and admits when she is wrong. But Krysta is a lovely character, she is hardworking and dedicated. She truly makes the best mistress, because when work needs to be done she gets in there with all the other servants and treats them as equals. She totally wins brownie points for that. But she also has a past with a horrible step brother and she doesn't believe she is worthy of Hawk. But Hawk is a swoony hero for sure. I love how he doesn't fight his feelings for Krysta. He knows he adores her and fights for her and never gives up on winning her heart and proving that she is more than enough for him no matter where she comes from and who her parentage is.

This was truly a heartwarming read that I just adored and quite a wonderful installment that kept me up all night reading and so worth the loss of sleep. Truly romantic to sizzle the senses!! ( )
  addictofromance | Apr 4, 2019 |
3 stars. I enjoyed reading and thought it was a nice book. I will read book 2 soon. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
A light, quick read, pleasant as long as you're willing to suspend disbelief. ( )
  dianaleez | Feb 13, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553584367, Mass Market Paperback)

Complete in one breathtaking volume — Books One and Two of an unforgettable historical romance series by an exciting new author

They were two Viking lords, the brothers Wolf and Dragon, bound both by blood and by a shared ambition to end the war with their lifelong enemies, the Saxons. They know that their only hope for peace is to persuade the Saxon Lord Hawk to unite his noble family with theirs — in a bond sealed forever by the sanctity of marriage.

Together these three men will strive to overcome centuries-old rivalries and hatred. Each will unite in marriage with an extraordinary woman who has her own special gift — and her own dreams of bringing about an end to war....

Book One

In Dream of Me we meet the Viking leader Wolf Hakonson as he embarks on a mission to kidnap the Lady Cymbra, a legendary beauty Wolf mistakenly believes is the cause of war. Instead he discovers that she is a gifted healer who will challenge him to confront his deepest yearnings — and together they will become soul mates who forge a future blessed by peace.

Book Two

The drama continues in Believe in Me, when the Saxon Lord Hawk, brother of Cymbra, seeks to strengthen the alliance by wedding a Norse noblewoman. But Lady Krysta arrives bearing many secrets — including her gift for seeing what others cannot. And as an unexpected love ignites, only Krysta can sense the looming danger that threatens the peace — and Hawk as well.

Now, discover Josie Litton....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:13 -0400)

"There were two Viking lords, the brothers Wolf and Dragon, bound both by blood and by a shared ambition to end the war with their lifelong enemies, the Saxons. They know that their only hope for peace is to persuade the Saxon Lord Hawk to write his noble family with theirs in a bond sealed forever by the sanctity of marriage. Together these three men will strive to overcome centuries-old rivalries and hatred." -- Back cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,444,124 books! | Top bar: Always visible