The Husband Trap by Tracy Anne Warren

The Husband Trap

by Tracy Anne Warren

Series: Trap Trilogy (Book 1)

Violet exchanges places with her identical twin at the last minute, and marries Adrian with no one the wiser. Meanwhile, Jeannette posing as Violet is off on a tour of the Continent. Adrian wonders about the change in his wife, but since it's for the better, he shrugs it off. Until the hoax is discovered at the end. ( )
  nancynova | Sep 24, 2015 |
Even though it did bother me more than a little that Violet kept the lie going as long as she did--at times I was all but screaming at her, You HAVE to tell him! Now!, at the same time Warren really made me see it from her point of view as she was convinced that she just couldn't tell him...yet. Of course it is horrible when he finds out--how could it not be? Still, though, I couldn't put it down. I've already got book two on my library hold list--hopefully I'll find the "other twin" more sympathetic in her own novel than she was in this one. Here I just wanted to give her one good smack upside the head.... ( )
  beckymmoe | Apr 3, 2013 |
Jeannette Rose and Janette Violet are identical twins - both are extremely beautiful but Jeannette is vivacious and entertaining and Violet is quiet and studious. When Adrian Winter, Duke of Raeburn chooses his bride, he selects Jeannette because of her outgoing personality. But Jeannette decides at the last minute she can't marry the duke ad persuades her sister to take her place at the altar.

The ensuing charade is worthy of Shakespeare (well maybe not that good but definitely entertaining). ( )
  cyderry | Sep 15, 2011 |
After a second try, I found that the characters in this book is very dramatic but you'll feel for the female character more than the male. Overall, enjoyable, sad, and poignant. ( )
  lina_em | Jun 22, 2008 |

Tracy Anne Warrenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Amato, BiancaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bergerac, AliceTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my sister and best friend, Leslie For all the wonderful things you do both large and small. Bust most especially for never having a single doubt. You believed even on the days I didn't. This book, and all the rest to come, I owe to you.
I, Adrian Philip George Stuart Fitzhugh, take thee, Jeannette Rose to be my wedded wife . . . .

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345483081, Mass Market Paperback)

Here comes the substitute bride. . . .

Violet Brantford has always longed for the passionate embrace of Adrian Winter, the wealthy Duke of Raeburn. Problem is, he’s set to marry Violet’s vivacious, more socially polished look-alike twin sister, Jeannette. But when Jeannette refuses to go through with the ceremony mere minutes before it is to begin, soft-spoken Violet finds herself walking down the aisle and taking vows in her sister’s place. Soon shy Violet is a high-society wife, trying to keep her real identity a secret while living out the fantasies of her wildest dreams.

Adrian thinks he knows exactly what he’s gotten himself into: Jeannette may be flighty and, well, a bit self-involved, but she’s the picture-perfect wife to carry on the Winter name. Yet this marriage of convenience brings the groom more than he bargained for when he finds his sweet, innocent wife surprising him at every turn. And though he never planned on true love, Adrian is definitely in danger of losing his heart.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:39 -0400)

Switched identities at an aristocratic wedding lead to uproarious confusion and unexpected passion.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,648,152 books! | Top bar: Always visible