Fangs But No Fangs (The Young Brothers, Book…

Fangs But No Fangs (The Young Brothers, Book 2) (edition 2006)

by Kathy Love (Author)

Series: The Young Brothers (2)

If I hadn't seen it for myself, I'd swear it couldn't be true: my brother, Christian, living in a trailer park in some backwater town, working at a karaoke bar. We're talking about Christian, the cultured, the refined, the snobby-the guy who'd probably sniff the plasma packets and send `em back in a huff if the blood type wasn't the right vintage. But after centuries of living in the undead fastlane, he's made up his mind that this is exactly where he needs to spend the rest of eternity, atoning for his many, many, sins. It's a self-imposed purgatory complete with lawn ornaments and blaring country music. But sometimes things just don't work out like you think they will. Sometimes your hell can turn into your heaven. And thanks to Christian's chatty neighbour and boss, Jolee, things seem to be getting a whole lot nicer in Shady Fork Mobile Estates. Not that either of them has the first idea how to have a normal relationship-we are talking about a woman's who's only dated dead-beats, and a guy who's only dated the dead. Nobody's perfect. Still, it's a start for Mr. Rebel Vamp Without a Cause. And fortunately he still has me, Rhys Young, and our younger brother, Sebastian, to help him. We plan to show Christian that everyone deserves a second chance, and winning his beer-slinging, country-singing beauty is a great beginning.… (more)
Member:strawberryplur
Title:Fangs But No Fangs (The Young Brothers, Book 2)
Authors:Kathy Love (Author)
Info:Brava Books (2006), 320 pages

Fangs But No Fangs by Kathy Love

Overall was a good book. Is the 2nd in a trilogy for the Young brothers, a set of three brothers who are all vampires. This one has the middle brother Christian trying to wean himself off of feeding from humans and become more human in and of itself. He's basically following a 12 step program that he has developed himself and has taped to his refrigerator. The book starts with him living in a low rent trailer park and complaining about the neighbors whirly gigs and other yard ornaments. He comes to the rescue of one of his neighbors who is being assaulted. After nearly hitting this same neighbor with his car they begin a trial friendship which turns to something more. He starts helping in her karaoke bar which doesn't really play karaoke. After a run in with an ex-boyfriend where Christian again comes to her aid is when their friendship turns to something more. After becoming lovers she learns the true nature of Christian and believes him to be crazy.

At times the book is very funny and enjoyable at other time it's almost tedious. Once their friendship turns into lovers I kept thinking that the author had a fetish for outdoors sex. It's not terribly graphic, it just happens repeatedly and really doesn't advance the story ( )
  ChrisWeir | Sep 26, 2016 |
I actually read this book first, not knowing it is the second title in the trilogy (? are more books planned?!?), and I am glad I did, because I really got to love Christian. He's a hoot - sooo serious, yet the book is really funny.

Read it if you like light hearted vampire romance. Nothing too deep here - just an enjoyable read. Who could not like a vampire singing karaoke?!? (just remember, Angel started it!) ( )
  DiamondDog | Mar 29, 2013 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,866,064 books! | Top bar: Always visible