The Lake House by James Patterson

The Lake House (2003)

by James Patterson

I loved this book, it had all my favourite things in a book, Cornwall, mystery, a dash of romance. I kept thinking I had it figured out and then another twist would throw me off. The final surprise disappointed me though - just a little too convenient. ( )
  jhullie | Mar 20, 2018 |
I was uncomfortable with Max and Oz's relationship in this book.....I prefer the YA series he wrote based on this story.
  AmieB7 | Jan 21, 2016 |
Nice follow up to his "When the Wind Blows," and served as a precursor to his Maximum Ride series. Also involves "avian" kids, but not related to the other series. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
Captivating novel of a family in which changing identities alter relationships. Children grow-up, young adults mature, and parents deal with change in different ways. This book shows us that the love between family members is always there, although its expression is altered with time and experience. Human vs. avian DNA. ( )
  chattendorf | Nov 3, 2015 |
The sequel to "When the Wind Blows," the thesis is fascinating. The evil doctor seeks to save the world by enhancing select humans. He sees the winged children as a threat...I guess that sets up the tension. And, it engages the reader as two sci-fi themes unfold. This book should be read AS a sequel. ( )
  buffalogr | Aug 22, 2014 |
This is for the other Max, Max Paetro, who has been involved with the bird children from the beginning.
She knows and loves them as I do. And they love her back!
At about eleven in the evening, Dr. Ethan Kane trudged down the gray-and-blue painted corridor toward a private elevator.

The memorable story begun in When the Wind Blows continues in this thrilling novel, and it's one that really soars! Frannie O'Neil, a Colorado veterinarian, knows a terrible secret that will change the history of the world. Kit Harrison, an FBI agent under suspension has seen things that no one in his right mind would believe. A twelve-year-old girl named Max and five other incredible children have powers we can only dream of. These children can fly. And the only place they will be save is the Lake House. Or so they believe...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:52 -0400)

Out in the world for the first time since escaping horrifying government experiments, six children make their way toward the Lake House in the hope of being reunited with Kit and Frannie, a couple who once saved their lives.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,533,453 books! | Top bar: Always visible