Cat and Mouse (Alex Cross Novels) by James…

Cat and Mouse (Alex Cross Novels) (original 1997; edition 1997)

by James Patterson

Member:Lanti_Arlit
Title:Cat and Mouse (Alex Cross Novels)
Authors:James Patterson
Info:Little, Brown and Company (1997), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 416 pages
Collections:Your library, To read (inactive)
Tags:Detective, Mystery

Cat & Mouse by James Patterson (1997)

English (54)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (56)
book 30

[Cat and Mouse]
italics

This is a fast-paced thriller from the Alex Cross series. Cross family lives in dangerous circumstances, as a murderer from the past seeks their lives. Cross has his hands full, so that his loved ones are not in mortal danger. While he is on the heels of Gary Soneji, a person from the FBI's environment is threatening a much more deadly threat to him and many innocent people.
From a more positive side, Cross finally finds the love of his life. ( )
  Ameise1 | May 11, 2018 |
I guess it's ok for what it is - cheap thrills & a fairly quick, easy read. Kinda like watching an average cop show on TV. Of the four books in Patterson's Alex Cross series which I've read, I probably enjoyed this one the least. It just wasn't nearly as captivating for me as the previous volumes in the series. I'm not throwing in the towel on the series just yet, but I'm also not clamoring to read [b:Pop Goes the Weasel|13143|Pop Goes the Weasel (Alex Cross, #5)|James Patterson|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1391389020s/13143.jpg|2471943] (#5 in the series) right away either. ( )
  Adam_Z | Mar 19, 2018 |
the best Alex Cross so far. Can't wait to read the next one ( )
  BingeReader87 | Nov 22, 2017 |
I really like this series. In this book I enjoyed having a little more from John Sampson than I remember from the others. This plot was not as good as the ones before in my opinion. It's still a good story overall, and I will still continue with the series for sure. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

Patterson, Jamesprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kalvas, ReijoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The Cross house was twenty paces away and the proximity and sight of it made Gary Soneji's skin prickle.

A murderer named Gary Soneji patiently waits in the basement of Alex Cross's home in Washington. He has come to kill Cross and his family. That's just the beginning of the greatest page-turner in years. Two-mind-numbing killers--one operating up and down the East Coast of America, one in Europe--believe Cross is their only worthy opponent. They dare to ask the ultimate question: Is Alex Cross about to die? You won't put CAT & MOUSE down until the question is answered.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446606189, Mass Market Paperback)

Alex Cross, the Porsche-driving doctor-detective-profiler-psychologist and single father of two must save his own life as well as the lives of his lover and family in a deadly game of Cat and Mouse. Cross meets up again with his old nemesis Gary Soneji, the ruthless, bloodthirsty megalomaniac from Along Came a Spider. Apparently, Soneji isn't too happy with Cross for putting him away and keeping him out of the violent crime loop for five years, so he's back with a bone to pick and a couple of fish to fry--or innocent bystanders to shoot, stab, or bludgeon. Soneji goes on a commuter killing spree in hopes of luring Cross down a bloody trail that ends at the good detective's own home. Cross is hot on the case and hot for Christine Johnson, his children's babe-a-licious principal who happens to be the widow of George Johnson, one of Soneji's victims. Never mind the coincidence; is Christine a bad-luck charm? Is there another killer? If so, is she or he in cahoots with Soneji? Once again, Patterson delivers a fast-paced, action-packed thriller that's sure to keep the pages flying.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:51 -0400)

As a psychopath escapes from jail in the U.S. to begin murdering again, a similar killer goes on a rampage in Europe. It befalls to Alex Cross, the Washington detective, to bring the two men to justice.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,092,491 books! | Top bar: Always visible