The Beach House by James Patterson

The Beach House

by James Patterson, Peter De Jonge

English (44)  Tagalog (1)  All languages (45)

This book was about a man who wants to avenge his brother's death. He is sure it was a murder, but the people who did it have a lot of money (this story takes place in the Hamptons) and a lot of ways to cover it up.

The book was fairly good......for awhile. A lot happened in the beginning that made me want to keep reading. But then it started to lose me about 3/4 of the way through. It took a weird turn, and I did a lot of eye rolling.

There are better James Patterson books out there. This is a really, really easy read, so if you are bored on a beach in the summer, pick it up at a library. Otherwise - just pass.

JenMat | Jan 10, 2019 |
Let me preface this by saying that as exalted an author James Patterson is, his books just are not for me. My husband- yes, and he is the one who suggested i give this one a whirl. Fast paced and full of hold -your-breath moments BEACH HOUSE is an attention grabber! The loyalty of brothers.....the adoration and acceptance of one another and one hell of a bizarre murder. Proof that the acquisition of money doesn't make any single person better than another. This book is full of suspicions , friendships, loyalties and manipulations! How far would YOU go to delve into the actual truth of a loved ones death????? ( )
  linda.marsheells | Sep 2, 2018 |
I have to say that this book is not all that memorable since it took me about 270 pages to realize that I had already read this book. I enjoyed it more than "The Quickie" that I just finished because Patterson spent a little bit of time developing the main characters. I did like the last part of the story where the central characters kidnap the rich and famous in order to hold a "public" trial. It is a clever idea although I doubt we would ever see anything like it in real life. ( )
  msaucier818 | Apr 9, 2018 |
Excellent narrator, but overdone plot.
  PaperDollLady | Oct 6, 2017 |
A man is arrested for a triple murder, and a sensational courtroom drama unfolds. Major plot twist at the end.
  mcmlsbookbutler | Sep 13, 2016 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
De Jonge, Petermain authorall editionsconfirmed
Deze auteur is een fenomeen, een held en een klassiek voorbeeld van een schrijver die precies weet wat zijn publiek van hem verwacht. En het vervolgens iedere keer weer op hun wenken weet te bedienen.
For Pete & Chuck ~ P. de J.

For Jack, the big boy ~ J. P.
It's like dancing sitting down.

Jack Mullen is a driven student of the law. His brother Peter is a servant of the rich, parking the cars of the Hamptons' elite -- and perhaps satisfying their more intimate needs as well. Then Peter's body is found on the beach. Jack knows the drowning was no accident, but someone's unlimited power and money have bought the cops, the judges, the system. Now Jack is learning a lesson in justice he never got in law school...and his astonishing plan to beat the billionaires will have you reeling -- and cheering -- to the very last page.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446612545, Mass Market Paperback)

James Patterson and Peter de Jonge's The Beach House opens with the death of a handsome townie on Memorial Day weekend in the Hamptons, where being a single-digit millionaire is laughable and being poor is unthinkable. Peter Mullen is a high school dropout who parks cars at the private bashes of the superwealthy Barry and Campion Neubauer. When Peter is found dead on the beach, the Neubauers and their friends insist that he drowned, but his brother Jack, a law student who saw Peter's body, knows he was beaten to death. As Jack uncovers evidence of his brother's secret life, he begins to realize that the very rich are indeed different from the rest of us. Revenge is a dish best served cold, and Jack's patiently plotted payback for Peter's death is one that the Hamptons will not soon forget.

There are no big surprises in The Beach House, but it's vintage Patterson, with plenty of action, villains with hearts blacker than obsidian, and a working-class hero who pulls himself up by the bootstraps. Patterson and de Jonge previously coauthored the inspirational golf romance Miracle on the 17th Green, but this new game of money, mayhem, and murder clearly suits them to a tee. --Barrie Trinkle

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:01 -0400)

When Jack Mullen sets out to unravel the truth about his brother's drowning death, he confronts legal interference as he discovers that his brother had been making money catering to the sexual needs of East Hampton's wealthiest citizens.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,755,803 books! | Top bar: Always visible