The Beach House by James Patterson

The Beach House (edition 2003)

by James Patterson, Peter De Jonge

Member:bdbarnes
Title:The Beach House
Authors:James Patterson
Other authors:Peter De Jonge
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2003), Edition: 2002 copyright by, Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:***1/2

The Beach House by James Patterson

English (39)  Tagalog (1)  All languages (40)
Fourteen pages = short review from me.

Hot, sweaty, teenage angst-ish, crushes, man-love, menage, short story, fun?

Hmm...'twas yum and free!

3.5 Stars ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |
fast easy read, good mystery ( )
  Claudia.Anderson | Feb 7, 2016 |
Very good book about the underbelly of the ultra rich in New York. It's pretty raunchy, but very, very good. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
How does Patterson do it? How does he never let me down?

I needed to read a book set on a beach for my summer reading challenge, and I happened to have this one on the shelf. I started it in the morning and didn't put it down until I had read the last word at almost midnight. I did very little the rest of the day. I even shooed my husband away when he came to sit next to me on the sofa.

The tale of rich vs working-class hits right on the nose, with feelings of the hit TV series "Revenge" throughout. You can see the smug, self-satisfied looks on the rich faces as they know their sins will not catch up with them; you can feel the defeat and frustration of the blue-collar population who realize the law is NOT on their side.

And when justice finally DOES prevail, it is sweet, indeed. This is a page-turner, very fast-paced and intriguing. Recommended. ( )
  CarmenMilligan | Jan 18, 2016 |
I don't know if it was the writing style or the person chosen to read the audio, but I felt like I was listening to a bored rich person relate a tale of what happened to someone they knew. I never felt like I connected with a character in the novel enough to care what happened or why it happened. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
De Jonge, Petermain authorall editionsconfirmed
Deze auteur is een fenomeen, een held en een klassiek voorbeeld van een schrijver die precies weet wat zijn publiek van hem verwacht. En het vervolgens iedere keer weer op hun wenken weet te bedienen.
For Pete & Chuck ~ P. de J.

For Jack, the big boy ~ J. P.
It's like dancing sitting down.

Jack Mullen is a driven student of the law. His brother Peter is a servant of the rich, parking the cars of the Hamptons' elite -- and perhaps satisfying their more intimate needs as well. Then Peter's body is found on the beach. Jack knows the drowning was no accident, but someone's unlimited power and money have bought the cops, the judges, the system. Now Jack is learning a lesson in justice he never got in law school...and his astonishing plan to beat the billionaires will have you reeling -- and cheering -- to the very last page.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446612545, Mass Market Paperback)

James Patterson and Peter de Jonge's The Beach House opens with the death of a handsome townie on Memorial Day weekend in the Hamptons, where being a single-digit millionaire is laughable and being poor is unthinkable. Peter Mullen is a high school dropout who parks cars at the private bashes of the superwealthy Barry and Campion Neubauer. When Peter is found dead on the beach, the Neubauers and their friends insist that he drowned, but his brother Jack, a law student who saw Peter's body, knows he was beaten to death. As Jack uncovers evidence of his brother's secret life, he begins to realize that the very rich are indeed different from the rest of us. Revenge is a dish best served cold, and Jack's patiently plotted payback for Peter's death is one that the Hamptons will not soon forget.

There are no big surprises in The Beach House, but it's vintage Patterson, with plenty of action, villains with hearts blacker than obsidian, and a working-class hero who pulls himself up by the bootstraps. Patterson and de Jonge previously coauthored the inspirational golf romance Miracle on the 17th Green, but this new game of money, mayhem, and murder clearly suits them to a tee. --Barrie Trinkle

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:01 -0400)

When Jack Mullen sets out to unravel the truth about his brother's drowning death, he confronts legal interference as he discovers that his brother had been making money catering to the sexual needs of East Hampton's wealthiest citizens.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,467,794 books! | Top bar: Always visible