1st to Die (The Women's Murder Club) by…

1st to Die (The Women's Murder Club) (original 2001; edition 2005)

by James Patterson

Member:target007
Title:1st to Die (The Women's Murder Club)
Authors:James Patterson
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2005), Paperback, 432 pages
Tags:crime, mystery, women detectives

1st To Die by James Patterson (2001)

English (139)  Spanish (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All languages (145)
1st to die

Lindsay Boxer is a tough, but sympathetic homicide detective who along with three friends are trying to solve horrific murders. Someone is killing brides and grooms on their honeymoons, and Lindsay and her friends form the Women's Murder Club. They are trying to stop this killer before he strikes again.

rena75 | Mar 20, 2019 |
1st to die

| Mar 6, 2019 | edit |
I liked it well enough to go on to the second one. ( )
  ccookie | Jan 22, 2019 |
No. No. No

so pissed how this ended.

why make us fall in love with a couple to rip them apart so tragically.

other than that it was a good book but the ending.....for real.

ridiculous.

loved the 4 girls in the book though. all so different but so very similar. ( )
  nicolemeier111 | Aug 29, 2018 |
I really enjoyed this book and the characters of the Women's Murder Club. I totally didn't see the end coming. I am glad I took the recommendation of one of my friends to read this series. I can't wait to read the next one. ( )
  Tiffy_Reads | Mar 19, 2018 |
It is an unusually warm night in July. but I'm shivering badly as I stand on the substantial gray stone terrace outside my apartment.
Please do not combine the abridged audiobook ISBNs 1594830916 and 1586210572 with this full-length novel since they are not the same work. Thanks.

You're about to begin James Patterson's most exciting thriller yet. In San Francisco newlyweds are being stalked--and slaughtered. Enter four unforgettable women, all friends...Lindsay, a homicide inspector in the city's police department...Claire, a medical examiner...Jill, an assistant D.A....and Cindy, a reporter who has just started working the crime desk of the San Francisco Chronicle. Joining forces, pooling their talents, courage, and brains, they have one goal. To find, trap, and outwit the most diabolical and terrifying killer ever imagined.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446696617, Paperback)

The Women's Murder Club pits four San Francisco women professionals against a serial killer who's stalking and murdering newlyweds in bestselling author James Patterson's newest thriller. Lindsay Boxer is a homicide inspector who's just gotten some very bad news. She deals with it by immersing herself in her newest case and soliciting the personal as well as professional support of her closest friend, who happens to be the city's medical examiner. The two women, along with an ambitious and sympathetic reporter and an assistant DA, form an unlikely alliance, pooling their information and bypassing the chain of command in an engaging, suspenseful story whose gruesome setup is vintage Patterson.

"What is the worst thing anyone has ever done?" the killer muses to himself early in the narrative. "Am I capable of doing it? Do I have what it takes?" Answering his own question, he embarks on a murderous spree that takes him from the bridal suite in a Nob Hill hotel to a honeymoon destination in the Napa Valley and thence to a wedding reception at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio. Dispatching his victims on the happiest day of their lives, he purposefully leaves enough clues for his distaff trackers to discover his identity and put him behind bars. But just when the women think they've got the case all wrapped up, the killer turns the tables on them in a bloody denouement that even the most discerning reader won't see coming. Patterson, author of the popular Alex Cross mysteries, promises future adventures for the Women's Murder Club, which may give him an opportunity to develop his heroines' characters more completely and win new fans among those who prefer their detectives in high heels and lipstick. --Jane Adams

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:50 -0400)

Patterson debuts his new series introducing the Women's Murder Club. A demented killer stalks and murders newlyweds in San Francisco. Four women-a police detective, an assistant D.A., a reporter, and a medical examiner-join forces as they sidestep their bosses to track down a criminal whose twisted imagination stuns an entire city.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,445,356 books! | Top bar: Always visible