Primo a morire by Patterson James

Primo a morire (2001)

by Patterson James, Guani Valentina (Translator), Biavasco Annamaria (Translator)

Member:saintwo2005
Title:Primo a morire
Authors:Patterson James
Other authors:Guani Valentina (Translator), Biavasco Annamaria (Translator)
Info:RL Libri
Tags:2000, gialli

1st To Die by James Patterson (2001)

English (128)  Spanish (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All languages (134)
This is the introduction to Patterson's "Women's Murder Club". The plot is loose and hardly keeps the interest. The characters are not really believable. I'm going to listen to book 2 just to see if I can get into it a little better. ( )
  jlsimon7 | Feb 26, 2016 |
The main character - a female detective struggling with emotional and serious health problems - hunts a serial killer focussing on couples on their wedding day.

This book was a fast and entertaining read. I liked the style element of writing chapters from the pov of the killer, without giving too many clues. The ending was ok, although I would have preferred a little less surprise twisting of the plot.
The characters are not very well developed and their behaviour and interaction is a little implausible from time to time. I disliked the way the author divided the book in too many short chapters.

I added the second part of the series to my too read shelf - sometimes I like fast and entertaining crime stories in between other books and I read somewhere that the series is getting better because of a co-author ( )
  Ellemir | Feb 1, 2016 |
Not a fan of his books. Read this to pacify a co-worker who LOVES his work. ( )
  Gingermama | Jan 24, 2016 |
1st to Die
by James Patterson

This was a book that I have been wanting to read for a very long time. There was a tv series that only lasted 13 episodes based on this book series. The few episodes I saw of that show made me interested in the books, but I never got around to reading them (the story of my reading life). I saw that my local library had an ebook copy of the books, so I decided to put it on hold. Little did I know how quickly the hold for the ebook would come in. It came in on friday and I started reading it on Saturday.

I have never truly had the experience of reading a page-turner where I couldn't put a book down, but I can no longer say that. This book was one that gripped me from the first page. I loved the fact that each chapter is so short because it helps to keep your attention on the story and knowing that each chapter serves a particular point in the plot. I had to only put the book down when I finally went to bed at 2 am. Then I picked it up almost immediately on Sunday.

James Patterson created interesting characters in Lindsay, Claire, Cindy, and Jill. These women are the members of the Women's Murder Club. Most of the time in a series the introduction book or first novel is so busy trying to introduce the concept that there is a lot left to be desired. This doesn't happen here because the story focuses mainly on the mystery instead of the introduction of the club. Patterson was intelligent enough to let Lindsay take the book fully and let the formation of the group be secondary. This helps make this book be a strong introduction to the series and one that stands apart from the other introductory novels in other series (think Janet Evanovich's One for the Money).

The other shocking thing about this book is that Patterson being male seems to understand somewhat the basic idea of a female relationship. He doesn't try to oversell these women becoming friends. He simply guides them together and lets them do the rest. It appears almost effortlessly.

The one issue with Patterson, in the beginning of the book, is that he keeps mentioning the location of the book being in San Francisco. Every other line felt that he was beating back into our heads that this was there. He would do this by restating where it was and also putting in little gems like San Francisco State University thus again stating the exact locale. In subsequent novels in the series I hope Patterson has learned to trust that his readers can get it the first time around.

Overall this is a solid first book in the Women's Murder Club series and makes this reader want to continue on with the series. I am looking forward to reading "2nd Chance", which is the second book. I will however have to put it on reserve at the library as well. We will see how fast I get this next edition. As soon as I receive it I will read it and review it stat.
  SoulFlower1981 | Jan 20, 2016 |
Great new series from Patterson featuring four women in different professions that come together to try and solve a murder. Interesting concept and well executed. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
It is an unusually warm night in July. but I'm shivering badly as I stand on the substantial gray stone terrace outside my apartment.
Please do not combine the abridged audiobook ISBNs 1594830916 and 1586210572 with this full-length novel since they are not the same work. Thanks.

You're about to begin James Patterson's most exciting thriller yet. In San Francisco newlyweds are being stalked--and slaughtered. Enter four unforgettable women, all friends...Lindsay, a homicide inspector in the city's police department...Claire, a medical examiner...Jill, an assistant D.A....and Cindy, a reporter who has just started working the crime desk of the San Francisco Chronicle. Joining forces, pooling their talents, courage, and brains, they have one goal. To find, trap, and outwit the most diabolical and terrifying killer ever imagined.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446696617, Paperback)

The Women's Murder Club pits four San Francisco women professionals against a serial killer who's stalking and murdering newlyweds in bestselling author James Patterson's newest thriller. Lindsay Boxer is a homicide inspector who's just gotten some very bad news. She deals with it by immersing herself in her newest case and soliciting the personal as well as professional support of her closest friend, who happens to be the city's medical examiner. The two women, along with an ambitious and sympathetic reporter and an assistant DA, form an unlikely alliance, pooling their information and bypassing the chain of command in an engaging, suspenseful story whose gruesome setup is vintage Patterson.

"What is the worst thing anyone has ever done?" the killer muses to himself early in the narrative. "Am I capable of doing it? Do I have what it takes?" Answering his own question, he embarks on a murderous spree that takes him from the bridal suite in a Nob Hill hotel to a honeymoon destination in the Napa Valley and thence to a wedding reception at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio. Dispatching his victims on the happiest day of their lives, he purposefully leaves enough clues for his distaff trackers to discover his identity and put him behind bars. But just when the women think they've got the case all wrapped up, the killer turns the tables on them in a bloody denouement that even the most discerning reader won't see coming. Patterson, author of the popular Alex Cross mysteries, promises future adventures for the Women's Murder Club, which may give him an opportunity to develop his heroines' characters more completely and win new fans among those who prefer their detectives in high heels and lipstick. --Jane Adams

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:50 -0400)

Patterson debuts his new series that introduces the Women's Murder Club. A demented killer stalks and murders newlyweds in San Francisco. Four women--a police detective, an assistant D.A., a reporter, and a medical examiner--join forces as they sidestep their bosses to track down a criminal whose twisted imagination stuns and entire city.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 592 books! | Top bar: Always visible