3rd Degree (Women's Murder Club) by…

3rd Degree (Women's Murder Club) (original 2004; edition 2005)

by James Patterson, Andrew Gross

Member:rkaine
Title:3rd Degree (Women's Murder Club)
Authors:James Patterson
Other authors:Andrew Gross
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2005), Paperback, 368 pages

3rd Degree by James Patterson (2004)

English (65)  Portuguese (Portugal) (2)  Dutch (2)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (71)
This was by far my favorite in this series thus far. Oh the mystery, the suspense, the tears!!!!!

I can't really write this one without spoilers like I usually try to do so screw it!

OMG. JILL!!!!! WTF. Why did they have to kill her off!!!!!! That royally pissed me off, I LOVED her character!

And FINALLY time for Lindsay to get another love interest and this one ohhhh boy!!!! hold on ladies and well, probably just ladies on this one. He's a charmer.

The case was so well thought out so descriptive I really felt it was real and had really happened. Thank God it hasn't and hopefully never will but damn, this book was great!!!!! James Patterson is quickly becoming one of my favorites! I love all these girls in the Murder Club. They're all so different, so driven, and yet the same.... ( )
  nicolemeier111 | Aug 29, 2018 |
Fast paced and fulfilling. ( )
  Eternal.Optimist | Aug 22, 2018 |
Third book in the Women's Murder Club and I loved it just as much as the first two. I was a little upset over a part of it. But the characters were great as they were in the previous two. Kept me on the edge of my seat wondering if they would solve the crimes in time. Can't wait to read the next novel. ( )
  Tiffy_Reads | Mar 19, 2018 |
Digital audiobook narrated by Carolyn McCormick

From the book jacket: Detective Lindsay Boxer is jogging along a beautiful San Francisco street when a fiery explosion rips through the neighborhood. A town house owned by an internet millionaire is immediately engulfed in flames, and when Lindsay plunges inside to search for survivors, she finds three people dead. An infant who lived in the house cannot be found – and a mysterious message at the scene leaves Lindsay and the San Francisco Police Department completely baffled.

My reactions:
This is book three in the Women’s Murder Club series with Patterson’s name getting top billing on the cover, but I suspect mostly written by Andrew Gross. The formula must not have been working well because there’s a significant change among the club members.

I’ll say this for the team of writers – they keep things moving quickly. There’s a killing every few chapters, and the women have a personal reason to make sure the perpetrator(s) is/are stopped. Vietnam era politics enter into the equation to further confound and confuse.

Carolyn McCormick does a reasonably good job voicing the audio. However, the producers felt compelled to add cheesy “suspense” music and sound effects. I guess they didn’t have faith in the writers’ ability to build suspense with words alone. ( )
  BookConcierge | Mar 6, 2018 |
it was an interesting plot and had a crazy left turn. ( )
  BingeReader87 | Nov 22, 2017 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gross, Andrewmain authorall editionsconfirmed
It was a clear, calm, lazy April morning, the day the worst week of my life began.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446614831, Mass Market Paperback)

The Women's Murder Club returns in a shockingly suspenseful thriller. Plunging into a burning town house, Detective Lindsay Boxer discovers three dead bodies...and a mysterious message at the scene. When more corpses turn up, Lindsay asks her friends Claire Washburn of the medical examiner's office, Assistant D.A. Jill Bernhardt, and San Francisco Chronicle reporter Cindy Thomas to help her find a murderer who vows to kill every three days. Even more terrifying, he has targeted one of the four friends. Which one will it be?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:46 -0400)

Lindsay and Jill are enjoying a quiet afternoon in San Francisco when the townhouse across the street explodes into flames. A sinister note signed "August Spies" is found at the scene, while an infant who was asleep in the house at the time of the disaster remains unrecovered. As a wave of similar incidents erupts across town, the Women's Murder Club starts to identify a pattern of political terrorism that leads right back to August Spies. Now, with a child still missing and an upcoming meeting of G-7 nations that will provide the perfect stage for another attack, time is of the essence for three savvy detectives bent on putting a stop to the violence.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,353,122 books! | Top bar: Always visible