4th of July (Women's Murder Club) by…

4th of July (Women's Murder Club) (original 2005; edition 2008)

by James Patterson, Maxine Paetro

Member:Barb_H
Title:4th of July (Women's Murder Club)
Authors:James Patterson
Other authors:Maxine Paetro
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2008), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:Read, Ebook, Your library
Rating:*****
Tags:Ebook, Fiction, Nook, Owned, Series: Women's Murder Club, Read in 2011, Mystery, Crime, Detective, Murder

4th of July by James Patterson (2005)

English (70)  Dutch (2)  French (2)  Spanish (1)  All languages (75)
I LOVED this book. Everything about it from the court case to who the killers were. It was a plot twist for sure. I also loved the new character Yuki, shes a great lawyer and fits in great with the girls, although I am still mad about Jill. Poor little Allison. That poor girl. I knew from the beginning something was off with Keith. Great book, great plot, very well written. ( )
  nicolemeier111 | Aug 29, 2018 |
Read it a few books ago, and the plot already escapes me ... but remember I enjoyed it! ( )
  EvaW | Apr 15, 2018 |
This was another Patterson novel that was a quick read that I actually quite enjoyed. It was classic Patterson in the sense that the book was fast chapters, lots of action, and it was not difficult at all to figure out who the bad guys were. A light read and a nice break from the more serious reads of mine recently. ( )
  msaucier818 | Apr 9, 2018 |
I just breezed right through this novel. The 4th book in tbr Women's Club series starts off with a bang. It dives right into drama and suspense that will keep you turning pages late into the night to see what's going to happen. With plot twists that will almost have your head spinning this book was a solid 4 stars for me. Can't wait to read the next book. ( )
  Tiffy_Reads | Mar 19, 2018 |
This entry in the #womensmurderclub was pretty great. Took a turn with a trial against the titular Lieutenant Boxer and introducing a new member of their club in the process. I loved it and recommend it if you truly enjoy a good murder mystery. ( )
  BingeReader87 | Nov 22, 2017 |

Patterson, Jamesprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Paetro, Maxinemain authorall editionsconfirmed
McCormick, CarolynNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It was just before 4:00 a.m. on a weekday.

A young girl is killed in the crossfire after a routine arrest goes terribly wrong, and Lt. Lindsay Boxer has to defend herself against a charge of police brutality. In a landmark trial that transfixes the nation, Lindsay fights to save her career and her sanity.
While awaiting trial, Lindsay escapes to the tranquility of the beautiful town of Half Moon Bay. But the peaceful community there is reeling from a string of unspeakable murders. Working with her friends in the Women's Murder Club, Lindsay finds a link between these killings and a case she worked on years before - an unsolved murder that has haunted her ever since. As summer comes into full swing, Lindsay battles for her life on two fronts: before a judge and jury as her trial comes to a climax and facing unknown adversaries who will do anything to keep her from the truth about the killings. It all comes to a head before the big annual 4th of July celebration on the waterfront at Half Moon Bay.

"Patterson knows where our deepest fears are buried. There's no stopping his imagination."
-New York Times Book Review

"Patterson's skill at building suspense is enviable." -Kansas City Star

"When it comes to constructing a harrowing plot, author James Patterson can turn a screw all right."
-New York Daily News

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:17 -0400)

Charged with police brutality after a routine arrest goes wrong, Lieutenant Lindsay Boxer waits for her trial in the town of Half Moon Bay, where she discovers a link between a string of murders and a case she worked on years earlier.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,351,452 books! | Top bar: Always visible