Mary, Mary by James Patterson

Mary, Mary (original 2005; edition 2005)

by James Patterson

Member:jmiesner
Title:Mary, Mary
Authors:James Patterson
Info:Little, Brown and Company (2005), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 400 pages

Mary, Mary by James Patterson (2005)

Recently added bydhove, private library, carlsenje, nlstouffer, EloiseB, BookHavenAZ, lstolins, SarahDente, Rena37, _Chelsea_

English (54)  Dutch (2)  German (1)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (60)
Alex Cross number 11. Alex is again on holiday when he gets a phone call yet again as there has been a murder of a famous actress. He leaves his family and goes to investigate the murder and then gets caught up in the whole 'Mary Smith' case. Mary emails a journalist with details of the crimes that she has committed and where to find the bodies. Alex is working alongside the LAPD to try to solve the case but its proving to be one of his more difficult cases.
Meanwhile, whilst Alex leaves his holiday to investigate the murder of the first victim, Christine - little Alex's mum turns up and takes him away. A court case ensues, what is going on with her?
All in all, another typical Cross book. 4/5 for me. I am very biased though as I love Patterson books! ( )
  Nataliec7 | Jun 25, 2016 |
The mystery element in this Alex Cross novel was interesting.  I enjoyed the twists and turns and the characters were interesting.  The main thing that really slowed down the flow of the book was Alex's chaotic personal life.  If Patterson had cut this drama in half, it would have been enough to build Alex's character and still keep the mystery flowing.  Overall, though, I enjoyed this one. ( )
  jguidry | May 31, 2016 |
As a Patterson fan, I couldn't go wrong with this fast read. At one point I did think the book was finished with the story, rather abruptly, but, pleased to find out that I hadn't reached the end yet, All I am saying. ( )
  gma2lana | May 9, 2016 |
Pretty bad Alex Cross book. Not really worth it, and I hope this isn't the decline of the series as a whole. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
My favorite in this series so far. 5 stars. Mysterious, action packed and it didn't fall into all the clichés that was in every other Alex Cross book so far! What a relief to read a book in this series that broke away from the mold. I hope this series keeps evolving and not become predictable.

And, I have to say.... WHAT is up with Christine?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I can't wait to read more.

CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
This one is for my buds-Johnny, Frankie, Ned, Jim and Jim, Steve, Mike, Tom, and Tom, Merrill, David, Peter, B.J., Del, Hal, Ron, Mickey and Bobby, Joe, Art.

And it's for Mary Jordan, who makes it all work somehow, and who couldn't be more different from the notorious Mary, Mary.
ACT ONE, SCENE ONE, the Storyteller thought to himsef, and couldn't hold back a dizzying rush of anticipation

Somebody is murdering Hollywood's A-list. Her calling card: "You've got mail." On a family vacation, FBI agent Alex Cross is asked to investigate the shooting of a top actress...and an e-mail sent to the Los Angles times with shocking details about the murder, signed Mary Smith. More killings and more e-mails follow, and Mary Smith is getting better every time. To hunt down this merciless killer of Tinseltown's elite, Cross must navigate a world where the stars sip San Pellegrino at the Ivy as hopefuls hover around studio gates with 8 x 10 glossies. And when the case catapults into blockbuster proportions, Cross and the LAPD scramble to find a pattern - before Mary sends one more chilling update.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446619035, Mass Market Paperback)

Somebody is murdering Hollywood's A-list. Her calling card: "You've got mail." On a family vacation, FBI agent Alex Cross is asked to investigate the shooting of a top actress and an e-mail sent to the Los Angeles Times with shocking details about the murder, signed Mary Smith. More killings and more e-mails follow, and Mary Smith is getting better every time. To hunt down this merciless killer of Tinseltown's elite, Cross must navigate a world where the stars sip San Pellegrino at the Ivy as hopefuls hover around studio gates with 8 X 10 glossies. And when the case catapults into blockbuster proportions, Cross and the LAPD scramble to find a pattern-before Mary sends one more chilling update.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:13 -0400)

When he investigates the murder of an actress outside of her Beverly Hills home, FBI agent Alex Cross learns that the attack was the latest in a series of celebrity killings linked to the elusive Mary Smith.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,484,178 books! | Top bar: Always visible