Taming Your Gremlin (Revised Edition): A…

Taming Your Gremlin (Revised Edition): A Surprisingly Simple Method for… (edition 2003)

by Rick Carson

Member:alluvia
Title:Taming Your Gremlin (Revised Edition): A Surprisingly Simple Method for Getting Out of Your Own Way
Authors:Rick Carson
Info:Collins Living (2003), Edition: Rev Sub, Paperback, 192 pages
Tags:11-22-2011, 11-22-2011take2

Taming Your Gremlin: A Surprisingly Simple Method for Getting Out of Your Own Way by Rick Carson

Not my thing.
  emblue | Jan 3, 2016 |
This is normally the type of book I really like, however, the concept, to me, was very odd and I kept saying WHAT?????? I cannot recommend this one. ( )
  bugeyzz23 | Feb 26, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060520221, Paperback)

A completely updated edition of this classic, explaining the author's laid-back but stunningly powerful methods for taming self-defeating behaviours.

Your gremlin interprets your every experience. He has nothing good to say about you or anything you do, not to mention your dreams and aspirations. Just when you feel you've out-argued or overcome him, he changes his disguise and his strategy. Grapple with him and you become more enmeshed. What he hates is simply being noticed. That's the first step to his taming. This and many other straightforward and powerful techniques await you in Taming Your Gremlin: A Guide to Enjoying Yourself.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:36 -0400)

This is a completely updated edition of the 1983 classic that introduced a powerful method for gaining freedom from self-defeating behaviors and beliefs. Rick Carson, creator of the renowned Gremlin-Taming Method, has revised the book to include fresh interactive activities, real-life vignettes we can all identify with, and new loathsome gremlins ripe for taming. Carson blends his laid-back style, Taoist wisdom, the Zen Theory of Change, and sound psychology in an easy-to-understand, unique, and practical system for banishing the nemesis within. Among the things you will learn are: Techniques for getting a sliver of light between the natural you and the monster of your mind. The extraordinary power of simply noticing and playing with options. Six keys to maintaining emotional balance amid upheaval.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,553,581 books! | Top bar: Always visible