The Curious Garden by Peter Brown

The Curious Garden (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Peter Brown

Title:The Curious Garden
Authors:Peter Brown
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2009), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 40 pages
Tags:fiction, making a difference, p-up

The Curious Garden by Peter Brown (2009)

29 months - We love stories about gardens and this one is beautifully drawn and fantastical. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
This is a book about a boy who grows a garden which eventually spreads throughout the town and townspeople. ( )
  kristinanairn | Sep 4, 2015 |
Peter Brown books are wonderful read alouds. The illustrations are gorgeous. Students will love listening this story as well as looking at the pictures.
  cswetland | Jul 31, 2015 |
Lovely idea, and, according to the author's note, plausible. But I dunno, something about this didn't quite engage me. Still, I do recommend sharing it with all the children you know - maybe there is a brighter future possible.

ETA: I've learned that rooftop gardens & green-spaces are succeeding. Yay! Therefore this is not a fantasy, therefore I've given the book another star. Also, I guess on some level it engaged me, because I do still think about it sometimes, over a year later. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
okay ( )
  lustig | Mar 14, 2015 |
Echoing the themes of “The Secret Garden,” it is an ecological fable, a whimsical tale celebrating perseverance and creativity, and a rousing paean, encouraging every small person and every big person that they too can nurture their patch of earth into their very own vision of Eden.
For my curious grandmother "Petey"
There one was a city without gardens or trees or greenery of any kind.

A little boy named Liam, lives in a big city that doesn't have gardens or trees.  Everyone stayed inside, but Liam could be found outside even on rainy days.  One day he found some plant that were trying to grow on some unused railroad tracks, but they needed to be taken care of.  Liam began to take care of the little garden and before long the city was one big garden....and all the people came outdoors!

One boy's quest for a greener world... one garden at a time.

While out exploring one day, a little boy named Liam discovers a struggling garden and decides to take care of it. As time passes, the garden spreads throughout the dark, gray city, transforming it into a lush, green world.

This is an enchanting tale with environmental themes and breathtaking illustrations that become more vibrant as the garden blooms. Red-headed Liam can also be spotted on every page, adding a clever seek-and-find element to this captivating picture book.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:33 -0400)

Liam discovers a hidden garden and with careful tending spreads color throughout the gray city.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,912,365 books! | Top bar: Always visible