Sweet Sixteen Princess by Meg Cabot

Sweet Sixteen Princess

by Meg Cabot

So, finally I feel a bit of sympathy for Lilly. I still really don't like how she treats Mia though.
Mia is turning 16 in this book and everyone has ideas for how she should celebrate and no one seems to care what she wants. Except by the end of the book we find out that most of Mia's circle of friends and family actually did care the whole time.
I also spy something curious happening with Perin that I've been suspicious of since she came into the picture. I also still have some questions about J.P. and hope we continue to learn more about him in future installments. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
The princess diaries are fantastic. You can read them in a lunch hour, they're funny, energetic, and completely pleasant. They are the ice cream of books. ( )
  amandafack | Apr 22, 2011 |
Reviewed by Me for TeensReadToo.com

Mia, Princess of Genovia, is about to turn sixteen. The last thing she wants is a sweet sixteen birthday party, but it seems like that's the only thing her friends can talk about. While Mia is worried about how to get the administration at Albert Einstein High School to go less on the structured athletics and more on the personal exercise and health regimen, her best friend Lilly is still steaming over being passed up for her own show on MTV.

While Lilly stews over Andy Milonakis getting the spot instead, and her parents being separated, and waiting for her boyfriend, J.P., to use the L word, Mia is wondering what type of scheme Grandmere could possibly be concocting for her sixteenth birthday. Because although Lilly seems to think a sweet sixteen blow-out party is in order, Mia would rather have a nice, private dinner with her boyfriend, Michael, to celebrate the occasion.

And then comes the news--not only is Grandmere planning a sweet sixteen party, but she's planning the mother of all parties. Private jet to Genovia for Mia and one hundred of her closest friends (does she even know one hundred people?), shopping at all the swanky boutiques, even a performance by Destiny's Child to cap off the night. Oh, and it's going to be taped for the MTV reality show, My Super Sweet Sixteen, renamed for one night as My Super ROYAL Sweet Sixteen.

No, no, and no. Mia wants no part of this scheme, which she's sure was dreamed up by Lilly. As her friendships are strained over her decision not to take Grandmere up on her offer, Mia learns a few things about friendship, family, and loyalty to the country she will one day rule.

The Princess Diaries continues to be a delightful, enjoyable series, and SWEET SIXTEEN PRINCESS is another great read. The only downside? It took me only fifteen minutes to read this installment, which left me slightly disappointed. ( )
  GeniusJen | Oct 13, 2009 |
Summary: Sweet sixteens mean parties, fun, and a night you can only HALF remember. But not for Mia, princess of Ginovia, nope......or atleast she doesn't THINK so.
Review: This was actually a little funny bringing up all this junk about MTV in like a royal country and stuff I actually like this series. ( )
  delaney.h4 | Jan 26, 2008 |
Okay... of all the dumb things Mia has done I have to say the stunts she pulls in this book takes the cake. I really enjoyed reading the book, but there were times when I really just wanted to smack her. ( )
  magst | Aug 5, 2007 |
“So Lana’s dad rented the sultan of Brunei’s ten-million-dollar yacht for the night, and had Lana and her friends driven out into international waters so they could drink without getting in trouble.”

Sixteen is the magic number

Mia doesn't always have the best luck with parties, so even though it's her sweet sixteenth, she doesn't want a birthday bash. As usual, Grandmère has other ideas, and thinks a reality TV special is just the thing in order to celebrate royally. The whole scheme smacks of Lilly's doing -- Lilly, whose own TV show is still only limited to local cable viewers.

Will Mia be able to stop Grandmère's plan? Will her friends ever forgive her if she does stop it, since it involves all of them taking the royal jet to Genovia for an extravaganza the likes of which would turn even Paris Hilton green with envy? Why can't Mia get what she really wants: an evening alone with Michael?

With a little luck, this sweet sixteen princess might just get her wish -- a birthday that's royally romantic.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:57 -0400)

During the days before her sixteenth birthday, Mia records in her diary her fear that her grandmother and friends may be planning to throw an extravagant Sweet Sixteen party.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,989,631 books! | Top bar: Always visible