The End of Enemies (Briggs Tanner Novels) by…

The End of Enemies (Briggs Tanner Novels)

by Grant Blackwood

In END OF ENEMIES Briggs Tanner in on vacation in Japan doing a little scuba diving, enjoying the sights, when he becomes an eyewitness to a murder on the night he meets his love interest. Curiosity gets the better of him and suddenly he is suspicious of his new lady friend as he finds himself involved in an international action thriller.

At times I found the story a little long winded as if I were reading a school report. At other times I found myself drawn into the story and oblivious to everything around me. To me the plot itself is well developed and when you get to the end everything comes together to make sense. One of the best things about this story is how the author has managed to make the reader understand and even sympathize at times with those characters committing crimes. He shows us change is possible in those we least expect it from and that it is never too late to make those changes. ( )
  Teritree001971 | Jul 6, 2014 |
This is a great book! It is full of action, adventure and romance. The style is reminiscent of Clive Cussler. The lead character is a strong, yet 'normal' man with a military background who gets drawn into an international incident. I would recommend this read to those that are fans of Clive Cussler's books, and am heading to amazon to buy the next two in the series.
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased review from NetGalley. ( )
  booksgaloreca | Jul 2, 2014 |
An action-packed war novel with Briggs Tanner as the protagonist and hero. An international political drama for the drama seekers.

A few quotes from the book:"As a child, the surest way to get Briggs to take on a challenge was to tell him it was either impossible or the answer was a mystery."

As an agent of one of America's numerous government agencies, Briggs stumbled upon a man getting murdered in his presence. By probing the murder, he comes across an international crisis , instigated by a World War II secret, waiting to happen, with various countries involved, including Japan. The epicenter of the planned Doom's Day is Lebanon.

"For decades Lebanon had been the world’s chosen surrogate battlefield. Superpowers played their spy games, tested their weapons, exercised their tactics and strategies, and Lebanon paid in blood and ruination."

"We’ve a better grasp of how funds are transferred from sponsor governments to the command structures of terrorist groups. Money is the key. We can’t dampen a terrorist’s fervor; we can’t cut off their source of training; and we can’t hope diplomatic measures will curtail covert support of these groups. "

The many typos hindered the story, but for readers interested in this kind of book, it is still a familiar and hopefully satisfying experience. It answers to the need for high-speed action, typical of modern war fare movies. It can become a good movie for war junkies indeed.

An easy read, text flowing smoothly along, characters well developed and the story line strong. It won't disappoint. ( )
  Margitte123 | Jun 30, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425179567, Mass Market Paperback)

Veteran covert agent Briggs Tanner leaps into action when a man is brutally assassinated in front of him. His search will lead him from the depths of the Pacific Ocean, through the bullet-riddled back alleys of Beirut, to a deadly secret buried since World War II-and only Tanner can keep it from falling into the wrong hands...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:52 -0400)

#1 NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author Grant Blackwood introduces Briggs Tanner. One Man. Covert agent Briggs Tanner doesn't like coincidences. In his business, they always mean trouble. So when a man is professionally assassinated right in front of him, Tanner wants answers. One Mission. Who pulled the trigger and why? And what is the mystery behind the key the man clutched in his dying hand-the key that Tanner now possesses? One War Without End. His search will lead him on an international trail, city to city, from the depths of the Pacific Ocean to the bullet-ridden back alleys of Beirut, all the way to a deadly secret-buried since the end of World War II-that only Tanner can keep from falling into the wrong hands.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,732,812 books! | Top bar: Always visible