Goddess of the Rose by P. C. Cast

Goddess of the Rose (2006)

by P. C. Cast

I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
http://www.BookCrossing.com/journal/12438576 ( )
  JosieRivers | Dec 28, 2014 |
I am a sucker for fairy tale re-writes and this one fits the mold perfectly. Ms. Cast combines her Goddess Summoning world quite nicely into this tale as well. I love the way she makes her characters seem so personable and real. I could totally see myself being friends with Mikki. Ms. Cast effortlessly builds her characters for the reader, you feel like you have known them your entire life after reading a few chapters. I love that about all her writing.

The plot in this story is unique and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Not like a roller coaster but like a a romance movie where they are laughing and having fun, then something bad happens, and you are hurting for the characters, you are feeling for them and you just want everything to be ok. That is exactly the feeling you get while reading this book.

I love Mikki, and I love Asterus, and I love the almost effortless way Ms. Cast weaves mythology and fairy tale in this book. One of my favorites in the whole series. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
I wasn't as into this storyline as much as some of the previous books in this Goddess series, but it was still pretty good. It gets off to a good start in which Mikki, a young single woman looking for love inadvertently finds herself in this other "world" in which she is a high priestess for the goddess Hecate and must tend these amazing roses. The guardian of the Realm of Roses is a man-beast like the Minotaur only he's kind of sexy and she is attracted to him for she had been dreaming of him before she came to this world. Sounds bizarre, but it works... kind of. Still, I was a bit bored with all the roses, roses, roses talk, but overall not bad. ( )
  ktleyed | Nov 2, 2013 |
very slow reading for me. the story did not seem to flow, but stuttered along. the gods were also wrong Nix was goddess of the night. I didn't really like any of the characters either. mikki was very much better than everyone, the guardian was so poor me poor me, and it was very clear from their flat characters the elements weren't important at all. ( )
  librarydanielle | Apr 1, 2013 |
A nice uncomplicated young adult fantasy. This book is a mix of beauty and the beast and greek mythology. Lots of romance and roses. ( )
  zjakkelien | Jan 4, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425208915, Mass Market Paperback)

When modern-day Mikki ends up in the strange Realm of the Rose, Hecate has been waiting for her. So too has her gorgeous guardian beast, who soon has Mikki swooning. But to save the realm, Mikki will have to sacrifice her life-giving blood.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:27:01 -0400)

In this version of Beauty and the beast, Mikki Empousai is transported into the Realm of the Rose, whose guardian beast and other inhabitants slumber from a curse of the realm's ruler, the goddess Hecate. Mikki learns that she is a priestess and that the goddess expects her to remove the curse.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,735,547 books! | Top bar: Always visible