Snow Blind by P. J. Tracy

Snow Blind

by P. J. Tracy

English (35)  German (3)  All (38)
It took me a while to get into the book but then I started to enjoy the plot and it was improving. However let down significantly at the end because it didn't come to a resolution. As a result this lost at least a star for the ending and this spoilt the book for me. It is not always easy reading as it does relate to domestic abuse and there is a lot of sexism present in the attitude towards the new sheriff. In the end I gave this 2.5 stars. For me each book has got weaker and the authors need to reverse this trend as Monkeewrench is one of my favourite books. ( )
  Andrew-theQM | Jun 20, 2016 |
Not as clear a mystery as I would like but the characters are what make the reading a great experience. ( )
  Bettesbooks | Jun 6, 2016 |
From Amazon:

When the corpses of three police officers are discovered entombed in snowmen, Grace MacBride and her team of crime-busting computer jocks at the Monkeewrench firm are called in to assist. What they discover is a terrifying link among the victims that reaches beyond the badge and crosses the line between hard justice and stone cold vengeance.

My Thoughts:

I believe I enjoyed the book more as as I group read than I would have to have read it on my own. It certainly kept me interested and was an entertaining read but there were just too many coincidences in it to be realistic. The idea, of bodies in snowmen set up a creepy visual and made for an interesting storyline... but I'm just not convinced the killer/killers would have gone to so much trouble seeing as how it WAS Minnesota in the middle of the winter. It had some new and really good characters although Grace and the gang hardly featured at all. I didn't feel the story was any the less for that. Instead, I enjoyed the interactions between detectives Gino and Magozzi and the rookie sheriff Iris Rikker with Lieutenant Sampson. The story line featuring Steve Doyle (the parole officer) or more to the point how he was found, was again unlikely. It was too obvious that it had only been put in to link the story lines geographically. There were certainly some good and believable plot lines along the way but I think the characters in this series of books are so widespread, that although the authors try and involve them all each time...even to a small extent...it's just not feasible without making some of the story lines suffer. I think the thing I found most frustrating was the lack of clues. The reader was left to work up their own scenarios. 3.5 stars because of the good points of the book and because the "bad" points weren't all that bad.
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
This is the second book by P.J. Tracey that I have read, the first being Dead Run.

I liked this story, but not as much as Dead Run. It felt kind of rushed to me, also the story was a bit disjointed, not as well fleshed out as Dead Run.

I now have the first three to read which will give me something to assess my rating of book 5 against. ( )
  lostkiwi | May 26, 2016 |
This is not my favorite P.J. Tracy novel but it was still an interesting read. You get a real feel for a Minnesota winter as the snow does not let up. It is an exciting and cleverly constructed police procedural but sadly no resolution to the murders. Just something to think about. Although, the ending was a bit of a disappointment, I still enjoyed the humor of Gino and Magozzi. If you like your crime novel mixed with sharp edged humor, read this book. I look forward to the next P.J. Tracy novel and hope they are busy writing as I do enjoy this series. ( )
  EadieB | Jan 19, 2016 |
Ze moesten even rusten nadat ze het lichaam dat hele eind door de hitte hadden versleept.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451412362, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:34 -0400)

With the holidays over and the long cold winter looming, January can be a bleak month in Minneapolis. So what better way to bring a little cheer to the good people of the city than by sponsoring an old-fashioned snowman-building contest? In a matter of hours, a local park is filled with the innocent laughter of children and their frosty creations. But things take an awful turn when the dead bodies of police officers are discovered inside two of the snowmen.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,118,262 books! | Top bar: Always visible