Can't Sleep by Chris Raschka

Can't Sleep

by Chris Raschka

I love the sleepy cadence of this book. ( )
  Jen-the-Librarian | Sep 17, 2017 |
Theres's a reason this man wins awards. I believe the correct term in literary circles is FREAK GENIUS.

How does Raschka manage to find the heartbeat of children's fears, and then eloquently speak to those fears in 10 pages or less of text? I'm starting to see this as a subtheme of his works, and I am grateful to this author/illustrator for taking time to understand and relate to children. The universe is vast, but the moon is close and friendly, an ally to children who can't sleep. But Raschka takes his characterization of the moon a step further, and reminds kids that they have a part to play in caring for the moon during the day. What a lovely little picture of reciprocity in caregiving! ( )
  Desirichter | Jul 29, 2014 |
The message: the moon will watch over you when you sleep, so go bed. This is a sweet book, but something about it seems off to me. ( )
  kradish | Jun 27, 2014 |
I think this book would be great for anyone who is scared of the dark. The picrures in this book and very vibrant and claming at the same time ,which I think woulf give kids a sense of relief.
  Tryante | Nov 20, 2012 |
This book tells a story about how the moon watches over you while you are sleeping. If you are afraid at night the moon will stay up and watch over you till morning. Then when morning comes you will stay awake and watch over the moon while he sleeps. ( )
  cbrandt | Feb 23, 2012 |

The moon comforts bedtime fears.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,637,480 books! | Top bar: Always visible