Who Was Walt Disney? by Whitney Stewart

Who Was Walt Disney? (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Whitney Stewart (Author)

Series: Who Was ...? (34)

Walt Disney always loved to entertain people. Often it got him into trouble. With black-and-white illustrations throughout, this biography reveals the man behind the magic.
Member:MandieR
Title:Who Was Walt Disney?
Authors:Whitney Stewart (Author)
Info:Penguin Workshop (2009), Edition: Illustrated, 112 pages

Who Was Walt Disney? by Whitney Stewart (2009)

Walt Disney was a man who always had a fiery passion for entertaining people. Surprisingly enough, he often got into big trouble for it. One thing that surprised me like crazy was when I learned that he actually painted pictures with tar on the side of his house, and get this... his house was white! He also didn't grow up the wealthiest, but he was still happy regardless of that. He enjoyed spending time on his farm in Missouri and his love for his small-town life was actually the inspiration for Disney parks' streets worldwide! Walt Disney is the mastermind behind what we call Disney magic and he truly impacted the world in a positive light! He made some of the best movie classics that most people think of right away and even if you thought that Walt Disney was just the name of a company and not the name of the actual man that's responsible for all of your favorite animations, you at least heard of Disney and knew that Disney would be amazing for more years to come!

This book was great and it really taught me a lot of details I didn't know about Walt Disney's childhood. This book was enjoyable for a variety of reasons. It's appropriate for many ages and it's really fun to learn about the people that impacted your life in a positive way. Disney movies are sometimes the reason I wake up every morning. It'll be like 9 am when my alarm goes off and I usually have this debate in my head where I say to myself, "What's the point of even getting up? Oh I know, Disney+". I really cannot imagine a world without Disney and without this man's amazing imagination and passion for entertaining people, none of us would enjoy his amazing content and his creative films! ( )
  HSanPedro.ELA5 | May 26, 2020 |
This biography on the influential man who helped create all the disney characters we have grown to love, Disneyland, and Disney World would be a great book to discuss and recommend for those looking to do a report/essay on an influential figure in history. This book speaks of Walt Disney's hardships and triumphs. The book also has a timeline of his life at the end of important accomplishments as well as a timeline of important historic events during Walt's life which is very helpful (and a couple that came after his death), and a list of disney movies that Walt made. It is an engaging reading material that will keep readers with Walt to the end of the biography. Great for independent leisure reading because of the subject as well as for in class assignments. I can see a unit where students create a timeline of their important life events as well as researching important events in modern history to go along with it like at the end of this biography. ( )
  DianaNewman1617 | Apr 23, 2020 |
jB
  OakGrove-KFA | Mar 28, 2020 |
If you like Walt Disney, then this is your book! I read this book because I love going to Disney World and I wanted an easy read about the creator himself, Walt Disney. I learned more than I ever knew about him. Including his background and why he created the charcters that he did. Overall, this was an awesome informational/biography book! ( )
  cpeter22 | Mar 24, 2020 |
These books are easy for students to comprehend biography as well as engaging. ( )
  mehrlich2 | Feb 29, 2020 |

Whitney Stewartprimary authorall editionscalculated
Harrison, NancyIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,783,710 books! | Top bar: Always visible