Starry, Starry Night: Three Holiday Stories…

Starry, Starry Night: Three Holiday Stories

by Lurlene McDaniel

Lurlene McDaniel makes the saddest most sweetest love stories for teens I have ever read. I have been reading this author since I was probably 11 or so and I am now 30 and I still love her books. Yes, even now. They are so great. Makes you realize how much one individual can make a difference in this life and also allows you to see how much you should be grateful for in your own life! ( )
  diananagy | Jul 10, 2014 |
Ah yes... Lurlene McDaniel. I think it's safe to say that whenever you decide to read a Lurlene McDaniel book, you could expect to get somewhat emotional. Starry, Starry Night was a nice quick read about three different stories, all pertaining to theme of "Wishing Upon A Star". My favorite of the three stories was Last Dance, which I wish could have been a story on its own! I really enjoyed it.

Although this is a Holiday set story, it makes for a good read anytime. ( )
  Euphoria13 | Feb 12, 2011 |
The first short story in this collection, "The Christmas Child," tells of Melanie's joy over the birth of her sister and the loss of her at four-days-old, as she is anencephalic. Melanie's friends offer comfort and support during this time. Melanie comes to realise that baby Jennifers life did have meaning, however short it was, as "[w]e loved her because she belonged to us. To our family."
  madhamster | Oct 21, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553571060, Mass Market Paperback)

The star that led the three wise men could be the same star wished upon by those longing for a wish to come true. In the opening novella, "Christmas Child," 15-year-old Melanie feels cheated when her baby sister, born at Christmastime, lives only a few days. But the brief life of her sister shows Melanie the lasting value of love. Brenda struggles between noble intentions and real desires when she becomes the last chance for happiness for a dying boy in "Last Dance." The final story, "Kathy's Life," describes a girl who appears to have it all. Kathy is beautiful, intelligent, and has the perfect job as a live-in caregiver for a couple's baby boy. But not everything is as perfect as it seems: Should Kathy give up the one person she loves most in the world?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:33 -0400)

A collection of three stories in which teenagers face life-altering situations.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,894,496 books! | Top bar: Always visible