September 12th: We Knew Everything Would Be…

September 12th: We Knew Everything Would Be All Right (edition 2002)

by Masterson Elementary Students, First Grade Students of H. Byron Masterson Elementary in Kennett Missouri, Masterson Elementary Student (Illustrator)

Member:jdudley3
Title:September 12th: We Knew Everything Would Be All Right
Authors:Masterson Elementary Students
Other authors:First Grade Students of H. Byron Masterson Elementary in Kennett Missouri, Masterson Elementary Student (Illustrator)
Info:Tangerine Press (2002), Paperback, 32 pages

September 12th: We Knew Everything Would Be All Right by Masterson Elementary Students

This was a very touching book written by the students in an elementary school classroom about September 12th, and how they would never forget, but their lives must keep going. The book was written by children, and had a number of touching lines like "we knew it would be alright because our parents loved us." ( )
  alarso2 | May 19, 2014 |
This beautifully composed informational textbook spreads optimism and hope surrounding a tragic day in our Nation's history. Hand drawn illustrations and personally written text present a warmhearted outlook on September 11, 2001, spreading the underlying idea of hope and love. ( )
  arodri13 | May 7, 2014 |
I really liked this book. It was so originally written by children that lived in the area of the 9/11 attack. The voice in this book was great because you could tell that it was children writing it, "many bad things happened" and "everything would be alright because we still had homework, 2+2 still equaled 4." It was beautiful to see how these children were unified and comforted by the same daily norms that happened everyday. I liked also how the illustrations were done by the students as well making the reader feel even more at one with the students who wrote the book. The main message of this book was that even though something bad can happen one day waking up and seeing the sun and your school you can put that bad behind you. ( )
  kwiggi3 | May 5, 2014 |
I absolutely loved this book! The main message of this book is overcoming obstacles and finding our own peace in it. The reasons why I liked this book was the illustrations and how it stores a sense of calmness and peace during such a tragic time. The pictures in this book were drawn by all of the students in one class. This makes the book even more special because sometimes we need a picture to help our understanding of a tragic event. In addition, this book focuses on the positives that are still occurring even though tragedy struck. The students share some reassurance with the audience and show that everything will be alright and times will get better. ( )
  edefra1 | Dec 6, 2013 |
The main message of this book is to convey a sense of peace after the horrible events of September 11th.
I loved this book for many reasons. I really enjoyed that the illustrations were done by children. The illustrations convey a sense of simplicity and therefore make the events of September 11th more easily grasped and understood. For example, the page which says: "On September 11th, many bad things happened," the accompanying picture is a drawing of a plane crashing into the towers. This drawing is from a child. For some reason, the simplicity of the portrayal makes the event itself a bit more understandable. Instead of viewing a real photo, we see the event from the perspective of a child, which conveys a strange sense of simple understanding.
I also enjoyed this book because of its reassuring message. The book gives its readers a sense of peace and reassurance. For example, the book states that everything will be alright because, "The sun came up...we went to school...etc." Just by retelling the simple events that occur every day, the authors show that life will continue to go on, despite a tragic event. They give a great sense of peace by simply retelling these daily occurrences, which is why I enjoyed the book so much. ( )
  MichelleNappi | Nov 26, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 043944246X, Paperback)

Heartfelt and touching book by 1st graders at Masterson Elementary School in Kennet, Missouri, about the day after the tragic events of September 11th. These students were given a commemorative Sept

On September 11th horrific events occurred, yet through the simple text and vibrant art of first graders, we are reminded that the world continued the next day. On each page, children experience the comforts of ordinary routines, such as their teacher reading books to them, having homework and recess, and knowing that 2 + 2 still equals 4. This is a poignant message of hope that reassures us all that even after bad things happen, tomorrow always brings a new day.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:27:14 -0400)

Conveys the sense of hope and comfort found in the routine of everyday activities following the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,977,442 books! | Top bar: Always visible