How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at…

How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, Book 1) (edition 2005)

by Kerrelyn Sparks

Member:thekaisu
Title:How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, Book 1)
Authors:Kerrelyn Sparks
Info:Avon (2005), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:***

How To Marry A Millionaire Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks

How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire
3 Stars

Roman Dragnesti, a vampire master with a broken fang, is in dire need of a dentist. Enter Shanna Whelan in hiding after testifying against the Russian Mafia and suffering from an intense blood phobia. With hit men and bloodthirsty vampires after her, Shanna has no choice but to accept help from Roman and his sexy security detail.

The world building and characters are very appealing, but could have been fleshed out better. The romance is sweet and the writing is humorous at times. That said, the overall effect is one of silly campiness with contrived situations and several obvious plot holes.

I'll probably give the next book a try as the sexy highlanders have potential as does the Malcontent storyline. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Nov 19, 2016 |
It is a romance, and suspense, and has a ton of situational and verbal humor. The characters are well drawn and quirky, the plot is a little odd, and the twists aren't bad. Great book when you need a light hearted read.
Suzanne Cypress gives and excellent audio performance. ( )
  jetangen4571 | Nov 1, 2016 |
I didn't get pulled in right away like I expected to be, but once I got into it I really did like it. I love when authors put their own little spins on the vampire legends. This was no different. I love that there are "good" and "bad" vampires. I can tell this is going to be a fun and easy series to read. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
Outrageous, silly fun and excitement! If you're in a reading rut and need a little brain candy to lighten the mood, this is the book for you. Suspend your belief and you're guaranteed to enjoy the ride (I mean that in the best way). Roman was the calm, collected leader of his coven and I took an instant liking to him. Losing a fang in a "work related" incident threw his life into chaos, but as a reader, the laughs were just beginning. When Shanna comes into the picture, I couldn't read fast enough. Lots of action, steamy romance that at times bordered on the weird, and a colorful cast of characters. From kilted Highlander security guards, to a bone cracking villian, and the "Digital Vampire Network," this book made me smile from front to back.

This was my first book by Ms. Sparks and I can't wait to finish the series. ***Adult content*** ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
Funny, I snickered through out the book. Light and funny, not anything too deep. Great romance and characters some in Kilts. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
With love and gratitude to my writing pals,
who keep me sane when times are bad
and celebrate when times are good--
MJ Selle, Vicky Dreiling,
Vicky Yelton, and Sandy Weider.

Also, my sincerest gratitude
to these brilliant women--
my agent, Michelle Grajkowski,
and my editor, Erika Tsang.
Roman Draganesti knew someone had quietly entered his home office.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060751967, Mass Market Paperback)

So what if he's a bit older and usually regards a human female as dinner, not a dinner date? Yes, Roman Draganesti is a vampire, but a vampire who lost one of his fangs sinking his teeth into something he shouldn't have. Now he has one night to find a dentist before his natural healing abilities close the wound, leaving him a lop–sided eater for all eternity.

Things aren't going well for Shanna Whelan either...After witnessing a gruesome murder by the Russian mafia, she's next on their hit list. And her career as a dentist appears to be on a downward spiral because she's afraid of blood. When Roman rescues her from an assassination attempt, she wonders if she's found the one man who can keep her alive. Though the attraction between them is immediate and hot, can Shanna conquer her fear of blood to fix Roman's fang? And if she does, what will prevent Roman from using his fangs on her...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:53 -0400)

On the run from the Russian mob after witnessing a brutal murder, dentist Shanna Whelan is rescued from certain death by Roman Draganesti, a charming and wealthy vampire in search of a dentist who can repair his broken fang.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,320,049 books! | Top bar: Always visible