It Had To Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

It Had To Be You (1994)

by Susan Elizabeth Phillips (Author)

Series: The Chicago Stars (1)

Recently added bySouthernKiwi, INorris, nospi, lkarr, private library, GillianDoyle_author, zuzamiller, GanneC

English (25)  Hungarian (1)  German (1)  All languages (27)
As soon as I finished, I wanted to read it again... And that doesn't happen often to me. ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
Back Cover: The Windy City isn’t quite ready for Phoebe Somerville – the outrageous, curvaceous New York knockout who has just inherited the Chicago Stars football team. And Phoebe is definitely not ready for the Stars’ head coach, former gridiron legend Dan Calebow, a sexist jock taskmaster with a one-track mind.

My reactions:
Okay, I knew this was a chick-lit romance going into it, but my Stars (pun intended)! This was so stupid I lost 20 IQ points reading it. I’ll give Phillips one star because she manage to write a couple of steamy sex scenes (though most of them had me gritting my teeth because the situations were so unrealistically stupid). Did I mention losing 20 IQ points? Oh, well, it satisfied a couple of challenges.
  BookConcierge | Jan 13, 2016 |
This was a DNF. The first four chapters were too damn depressing. Could be I just wasn't in the mood for it, but if the author doesn't have me in the first chapter she usually doesn't get me in the long run. I might try other books in this series - I seem to recall really enjoying the third book when I read it in the 90s. ( )
  sweetzombieducky | Nov 28, 2015 |
I loved this book! It started out with a bang, great plot, funny, emotional issues, hot sex and exciting action especially the ending. Curvaceous knockout Phoebe who knows nothing about sports, inherits football team and sparks fly with Coach Dan. It gets one of my rare 5* ratings is because half of it takes place in my hometown.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
As usual, amazing characters and an amazing story line! ( )
  AbeerAyesh | Dec 8, 2014 |

Phillips, Susan ElizabethAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fields, AnnaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Steven Axelrod, who's been around from the beginning with a good head, a strong shoulder, and a high tolerance for crazy authors. This one had to be yours.
Phoebe Somerville outraged everyone by bringing a French poodle and a Hungarian lover to her father's funeral.

The Windy City isn't quite ready for Phoebe Somerville -- the outrageous, curvaceous New York knockout who has just inherited the Chicago Stars football team. And Phoebe is definitely not prepared for the Stars' head coach Dan Celebow, a sexist jock taskmaster with a one-track mind. Celebow is everything Phoebe abhors. And the sexy new boss is everything Dan despises -- a meddling bimbo who doesn't know a pigskin from a pitcher's mound.

So why is he drawn to the shameless sexpot like a heat-seeking missile? And why does the coach's good ol' boy charm leave cosmopolitan Phoebe feeling awkward, tongue-tied....and ready to fight?

The sexy, heartwarming, and hilarious "prequel" to Susan Elizabeth Phillip's This Heart of Mine -- her sensational bestsellng blockbuster -- It Had To Be You is an enchanting story of two stubborn people who believe in playing for keeps.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0380776839, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:19 -0400)

Inheriting the Chicago Stars Football team, trendy New Yorker Phoebe Somerville knocks heads with Coach Dan Calebow, who resents her meddling as much as she despises his sexist jocularity, until they discover an unlikely attraction for each other.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,124,990 books! | Top bar: Always visible