It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

It Had to Be You

by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Series: Chicago Stars (1)

Recently added byrena75, ayoshina, wisemetis, sarah4uk

English (32)  Hungarian (1)  German (1)  All languages (34)
This was a bit more chick-lit-y than I generally prefer, but I liked it overall. There some really great angst built around the facade Phoebe had created to help cope with being raped. The resolution of that Big Misunderstanding was a bit anticlimactic and not nearly as angsty as I had hoped, but there was a great bit of protectiveness from Dan that I really appreciated. Overall I liked it. I'd read other books from this author if they cater to my preferred tropes. ( )
  PNRList | Aug 15, 2018 |
still a great book

I first read this book probably 15 years ago. Wanted something good but light and entertaining and this very much filled the bill. I just wish her later books were still this original and fresh. ( )
  PatsyMac | Aug 12, 2018 |
Sempre bello ♥ ( )
  jeky91 | Jun 15, 2018 |
4.5 stars ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
*Disappointing*

SENSUALITY RATING: YES Profanity; YES sexual encounters (plenty) but on the mild side, “Gathering her breast in his hands”; “he stroked her with a deep and gentle movement”; “She climaxed”, etc. etc. etc.

GENRE: Current day Romance; Sports Romance

SETTING: Chicago home of the Stars football team

CENTRAL FEMALE CHARACTER: PHOEBE SUMMERVILLE – world class Bimbo; shapely; dresser of a non-professional class; clueless; appreciates art.

CENTRAL MALE CHARACTER: - DAN CALEBROW – Hard pushing coach; former football player and built; no patience; authoritative.

SYNOPSIS: Her dad never gave two cents about her until he unexpectedly left her as owner of the football team when he had passed. He had passed on and she had no experience (NONE). She had no clue about the game of football.

WHAT I LIKED: Pooh on the airplane and reaching the end.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE: Author “Bimbotized” the plot for too long a time.

OVERALL RATING: (2) stars because I give the author credit for her writing however too much emphasis on making love (boring) and story dragged out. Not enough conflict between her and her cousin. Overall, boring (yawn). Skipped numerous pages just to get to the point.
  Chandra-of-Red | May 30, 2018 |

Phillips, Susan Elizabethprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fields, AnnaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Steven Axelrod, who's been around from the beginning with a good head, a strong shoulder, and a high tolerance for crazy authors. This one had to be yours.
Phoebe Somerville outraged everyone by bringing a French poodle and a Hungarian lover to her father's funeral.

The Windy City isn't quite ready for Phoebe Somerville -- the outrageous, curvaceous New York knockout who has just inherited the Chicago Stars football team. And Phoebe is definitely not prepared for the Stars' head coach Dan Celebow, a sexist jock taskmaster with a one-track mind. Celebow is everything Phoebe abhors. And the sexy new boss is everything Dan despises -- a meddling bimbo who doesn't know a pigskin from a pitcher's mound.

So why is he drawn to the shameless sexpot like a heat-seeking missile? And why does the coach's good ol' boy charm leave cosmopolitan Phoebe feeling awkward, tongue-tied....and ready to fight?

The sexy, heartwarming, and hilarious "prequel" to Susan Elizabeth Phillip's This Heart of Mine -- her sensational bestsellng blockbuster -- It Had To Be You is an enchanting story of two stubborn people who believe in playing for keeps.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0380776839, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:19 -0400)

Inheriting the Chicago Stars Football team, trendy New Yorker Phoebe Somerville knocks heads with Coach Dan Calebow, who resents her meddling as much as she despises his sexist jocularity, until they discover an unlikely attraction for each other.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,629,755 books! | Top bar: Always visible