It Had To Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

It Had To Be You (1994)

by Susan Elizabeth Phillips (Author)

Series: The Chicago Stars (1)

English (21)  Hungarian (1)  German (1)  All languages (23)
Great start for a series! I loved the characters, despite finding Dan a little on the too hot tempered side at the beginning, but then he warmed his way into my heart. Phoebe was such a hoot! I laughed at almost everything she did alongside with that adorable dog. Some of the funiest scenes in the book were portraid by Dan and Pooh. o/ Great writing, great if cliche plot, just thought something got a little too mushy for me near the end, but I loved the epiogue. Recommend it! ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
This was a DNF. The first four chapters were too damn depressing. Could be I just wasn't in the mood for it, but if the author doesn't have me in the first chapter she usually doesn't get me in the long run. I might try other books in this series - I seem to recall really enjoying the third book when I read it in the 90s. ( )
1 vote sweetzombieducky | Feb 14, 2014 |
At first I didn't think I was going to like it, but I read a review that said that despite the fact the first 50 pages didn't managed to grip her so much, she was glad she continued to read, so I gave it a shot.
It was a great read :) ( )
  Nitzan_Schwarz | Sep 25, 2013 |
I loved this book! It was great! Phoebe and Dan had such great chemistry! This book was feel good, but still had some drama. There were lot's of laughing and snorting and still tense moments. I really enjoyed reading it, it was really cute! :) ( )
  LaCello | Sep 21, 2013 |
ereader ebook
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |

Phillips, Susan ElizabethAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fields, AnnaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Steven Axelrod, who's been around from the beginning with a good head, a strong shoulder, and a high tolerance for crazy authors. This one had to be yours.
Phoebe Somerville outraged everyone by bringing a French poodle and a Hungarian lover to her father's funeral.

The Windy City isn't quite ready for Phoebe Somerville -- the outrageous, curvaceous New York knockout who has just inherited the Chicago Stars football team. And Phoebe is definitely not prepared for the Stars' head coach Dan Celebow, a sexist jock taskmaster with a one-track mind. Celebow is everything Phoebe abhors. And the sexy new boss is everything Dan despises -- a meddling bimbo who doesn't know a pigskin from a pitcher's mound.

So why is he drawn to the shameless sexpot like a heat-seeking missile? And why does the coach's good ol' boy charm leave cosmopolitan Phoebe feeling awkward, tongue-tied....and ready to fight?

The sexy, heartwarming, and hilarious "prequel" to Susan Elizabeth Phillip's This Heart of Mine -- her sensational bestsellng blockbuster -- It Had To Be You is an enchanting story of two stubborn people who believe in playing for keeps.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0380776839, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:34 -0400)

Inheriting the Chicago Stars Football team, trendy New Yorker Phoebe Somerville knocks heads with Coach Dan Calebow, who resents her meddling as much as she despises his sexist jocularity, until they discover an unlikely attraction for each other.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,409,378 books! | Top bar: Always visible