My Very First Book of Numbers by Eric Carle

My Very First Book of Numbers

by Eric Carle

a fun book introducing numbers with visual representations
1 book
  TUCC | Jun 2, 2017 |
Preschool
  SteppLibrary | Mar 3, 2017 |
My Very First Book of Numbers, by Eric Carle, is an educational read for toddlers and preschoolers. The book offers colorful illustrations which helps the reader follow along and count the objects. Aside from counting/math skills, the fruit illustrations on each page offer an increase in vocabulary as well as recognition of these objects. It is a fun interactive read for both the child and the adult participating. ( )
  Laurwhit94 | Nov 23, 2015 |
3Q, 4P
This is a very interactive book, with bright colorful illustrations. Encourages movement through pages and offers practice in basic number skills. I think this is appropriate for young toddlers to grow with as they learn and practice numbers.

Do you think that this format could be confusing for some young readers?
Do you think that the use of fruit as the counting objects adds to the reader's reading comprehension and vocabulary development?
Do you think that the author (Eric Carle) would influence readers to read this book, instead of other and better examples of number books? ( )
  daisyacg | Apr 12, 2012 |
Eric Carle doesn’t just list numbers with pictures for My Very First Numbers Book: this board book has two pages to turn for each number. The top portion of the book follows in numerical order, with digits and an appropriate number of squares. The bottom portion of the book has illustrations of fruits, with each page showing a different number. The idea is to match the number on top with the correct number of fruit pictured on the bottom. I like Eric Carle’s illustrations and I love the concept of learning the numbers by practicing. My son is still too young to really grasp that concept, but he sure loved having double pages to turn!
  rebeccareid | Jan 6, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 039924509X, Board book)

Can you tell how many cherries there are? How many apples? In the brilliantly colorful My Very First Book of Numbers, children can find the number of fruits in the bottom half of a page that matches the number of boxes and numerals in the top half. In My Very First Book of Words, children can match the picture in the bottom half with the word in the top half. Which one is the car? Which one is the fish? Only you can match them. Children will love solving the puzzles of these clever, vibrant books.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:42 -0400)

Upper and lower halves of divided pages can be turned separately, to match numbers with pictures.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,468,958 books! | Top bar: Always visible