Cesar's Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to…

Cesar's Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to Understanding and Correcting… (original 2006; edition 2007)

by Cesar Millan, Melissa Jo Peltier

Member:TukangRoti
Title:Cesar's Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to Understanding and Correcting Common Dog Problems
Authors:Cesar Millan
Other authors:Melissa Jo Peltier
Info:Three Rivers Press (2007), Paperback, 320 pages
Rating:***
Tags:miscl

Cesar's Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to Understanding and Correcting Common Dog Problems by Cesar Millan (2006)

English (37)  Dutch (1)  All languages (38)
If you expect tips, training formulas and solutions for specific problems you have with your dog, then this is not a book for you. The thing is that Cesar´s way of dealing with dogs is more holistic, intuitive and based on the "pack leader" view. This is a great book and an eye opener on how we should treat our dogs: as dogs and not as people. ( )
  elviomedeiros | Mar 6, 2014 |
Cesar Millan, the 'dog whisperer' writes about his life and his methods. An interesting mixture of really good, professional viewpoints and banal advices, for me a bit too much emphasis on the mystical energy, energy-flow, energy channelling, etc. Apart from this mumbo-jumbo, a good book for dog owners. ( )
  TheCrow2 | Oct 14, 2013 |
I could have used a little less of the autobiographical stuff, but this book is having a positive influence on my relationship with my dog. I'd like to read more of Milan's writing about dogs - and I need to watch more episodes of the show! ( )
  armbrusm | May 6, 2013 |
Interesting book about the care and training of dogs with far too many celebrity walk-ons. Some sound advice, but the constant name-dropping annoyed me. ( )
  satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |
Read "Cesar's Way" today, and found a lot of common sense advice, but also some dog training suggestions that should have occurred to me, especially with my background in reading every bit of information on animals that I could find!

I don't have cable TV, so I appreciated this look into "The Dog Whisperer" and his methods. 4 stars (the rating system keeps disappearing on me!) ( )
  fuzzi | Jul 1, 2012 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0307337979, Paperback)

Fans of the National Geographic Channel's The Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan will be grateful for Cesar's Way, an accessible guide to help new and current dog owners better understand the needs of their beloved pets. If you are not yet a fan, try to catch a couple of episodes of the remarkable show--you will be amazed, impressed, and motivated to create a healthier, more fulfilling relationship with your dog. In Cesar's Way, Cesar explains that dogs are not complicated, and despite what various owners think--not human. They rely on three key elements in their lives: exercise, discipline, and affection (in that order). "Problem dogs" can be attributed to "problem owners," owners who don't understand and misinterpret their dog's behavior. Cesar's Way is really a training program for dog owners, with chapters devoted to understanding the "power of the pack," taking responsibility for "how we screw up our dogs," and learning how to manage aggression. Cesar's book (a must-have for new and old dog owners) moves beyond basic obedience school techniques, and teaches owners how to change unwanted behavior by better understanding their "best friends." --Daphne Durham

Exclusive Video from Cesar Millan

Watch the video

Watch a Clip from the Show

Watch Cesar in action in this clip of The Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan, courtesy of the National Geographic Channel. Or, tune in on Friday nights, at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

Cesar Millan's Top 5 Tips for Going to the Dog Park

1. Make sure your dog is spayed or neutered, has all her shots, and is in good health. Under no circumstances should you bring a sick dog to a dog park!

2. Do not use the dog park as a substitute for the walk! If you drive to the park, leave your car a block away and take your dog on a vigorous walk of at least thirty-five minutes to drain some of her energy. Never take an over-excited dog to the park.

3. While at the park, don't "punch out" on your calm-assertive leadership. Be aware of your dog at all times, and take responsibility for her behavior.

4. A calm-submissive dog will not attract another dog's aggression--but an excited dog, a weak, timid dog, or an aggressive dog can become a fight-magnet.

5. Know your dog! If your dog has poor social skills, is overly fearful or is dog aggressive, or if you have not yet established your calm-assertive leadership with your dog, find a more controlled way to introduce her to the company of other dogs, such as "play dates" with one or two other dog owners.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:45:58 -0400)

Learn what goes on inside your dog's mind and develop a positive, fulfilling relationship with your best friend. "Dog Whisperer" Cesar Millan is America's most sought-after dog-behavior expert, but he is not a trainer in the traditional sense--his expertise lies in his ability to comprehend dog psychology. Tracing his own journey from a clay-walled farm in Mexico to the celebrity palaces of Los Angeles, Cesar recounts how he learned what makes dogs tick. Here, he shares this wisdom. Cesar's formula for a contented and balanced dog seems impossibly simple: exercise, discipline, and affection, in that order. Whether you're having issues with your dog or just want to make a good bond even stronger, this book will give you a deeper appreciation of how your dog sees the world, and it will help make your relationship with your beloved pet a richer and more rewarding one.--From publisher description.… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,280,007 books! | Top bar: Always visible