London's Perfect Scoundrel (Lessons in…

London's Perfect Scoundrel (Lessons in Love, Book 2) (edition 2003)

by Suzanne Enoch

Member:Picarina
Title:London's Perfect Scoundrel (Lessons in Love, Book 2)
Authors:Suzanne Enoch
Info:Avon (2003), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Your library, RRPSM
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Regency

London's Perfect Scoundrel by Suzanne Enoch (Author)

Recently added bydibs139, kybunnies, Hollie1122, private library, Bugetta, NicoleCenteno, jhblanch, lassen57

3.5 stars
Some books can really surprise you even if you've read thousands of the same ilk. This evening, I was upset and ready to renounce romance novels. My faith has been restored.
I love how Enoch was able to keep Saint in character all the time (except by the end of the book, when he became rather saccharine sweet). He is a rake and no one has difficulty believing that. He is not universally beloved and I loved that. This book gets all of its stars simply for keeping me on my toes. There are some jarring threads and the book ended in a very saccharine note instead of the cool, sardonic tone I expected of Saint. So,a little disappointment. I still liked Saint's POV better than Evelyn. His unconscious cues and his wit make Saint a pleasure to read.
Plus who can NOT love a book that has this?
"She rushed forward. His heart pounding, a million disconnected thoughts rolling through his mind, Saint opened his arms to her."
And this is before he knew he loved her. And after the dungeon bits
P.S - No one wants to lose their virginity on a dungeon floor where the guy just spent a week(especially knowing about the er lack of bathrooms. And general body odor. He might have washed himself but I bet it wasn't like a bath.)

ashpapoye | Jan 24, 2014 |
I don't know how Suzanne Enoch does it, but I went from loathing this scoundrel of a hero, Saint Aubyn, to loving him by the end. There's something about him that was so awful, yet he was so damned sexy and outrageous, no wonder Evie couldn't resist him. The first half of the book dragged and the entire orphanage storyline was blah and then the kidnapping scenario when Evie locks Saint in the dungeon was unbelievably far-fetched, yet it did bring life to the story and the second half was much better than the first. Nice proposal scene too. I can't understand it, but I wound up loving this book! ( )
  ktleyed | Jun 9, 2012 |
Determined heroine, wants to make the world a better place against obstacles of family,position and male domination. Truly evil hero
who really needs to find his soul. A good read. ( )
  echarles18 | Jul 29, 2010 |
Fairly enjoyable, strong heroine, fights to save orphanage and her freedom ( )
  fredalss | Jun 1, 2008 |
Lessons in Love, Book Two. When Evelyn Ruddick vows to help the children of the Heart of Hope Orphanage, she has no idea how much she'll need to interact with the Marquis of St. Aubyn, otherwise known as "Saint" - London's Perfect Scoundrel. This heroine has plenty of pluck, making it a unique and entertaining story. ( )
  Elishibai | Nov 24, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0380820838, Mass Market Paperback)

A determined young lady vows to give one of London's infamous rakes his comeuppance -- but when the rogue turns the tables, who truly learns a lesson in love?

Beloved Sinner

The ton gossips call him "Saint" -- but the Marquis of St. Aubyn has well earned his reputation as London's perfect scoundrel. Evelyn Ruddick knows she should avoid him at all costs -- but the strikingly beautiful lady wants to aid the children of the Heart of Hope Orphanage, and he heads the board of trustees. Evie is determined to teach the charming, arrogant man a lesson in compassion, but it won't be so easy -- especially since his touch is setting her desire aflame, making Evie yearn to submit to his passionate instruction ... The idea of joining in her "project" is unthinkable, but this enchantress refuses to give up! So what else is there for a self-respecting rake to do but seduce the lady? Yet soon it is he who is being seduced by Evie's tender heart and fiery blushes. Could the temptation of long, passionate nights in her arms bring about the impossible? Could the disreputable Saint at long last be reformed?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:25:03 -0400)

The second title in Enoch's popular Lessons in Love trilogy features a determined young lady who vows to give one of Regency London's infamous rakes his comeuppance. But when the rogue turns the tables, who really learns a lesson in love?

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,379,530 books! | Top bar: Always visible