Lord Harry (Coulter Historical Romance) by…

Lord Harry (Coulter Historical Romance) (edition 2003)

by Catherine Coulter

Dear Reader:Lord Harry, one of my first novels, was originally titled Lord Harry's Folly. I've rewritten the story extensively, adding to and changing dialogue, actions, and descriptions, yet the original plot is still here. I'm convinced-and I'm sure you will be too-that the characters are much happier now that they've lived with me for fifteen years and taught me more about themselves.Lord Harry is really Henrietta Rolland, a young aldy who assumed the guise if a gentleman to track down and kill Jason Cavander, the marquess of Oberlon, the man she believes responsible for her brother Damien's death at the Battle of Waterloo. She wants to challenge him to a duel. When he's lying at her feet, then and only then will she tell him why she's killed him, and who she really is. Unfortunately, there's a really big snag.You will laugh at Lord Harry's outrageous adventures. Together, Jason and Henrietta Rolland will touch you-they did me and still continue to do so. Do let me know what you think of my rewrite. Enjoy!… (more)
Member:pamthompson
Title:Lord Harry (Coulter Historical Romance)
Authors:Catherine Coulter
Info:Signet (2003), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages

Lord Harry by Catherine Coulter

Good not great. Fairly typical historical romance. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 14, 2013 |
This is the 3rd book I've read by Coulter,and the one I enjoyed the least. It was difficult to get into and this and the masquerade seemed silly. Finally I resorted to skimming and reading only to find out who the real culprit was that Lord Harry was after.
The romance between Henrietta (Lord Harry) and Jason Cavander (Marquess Oberlon) seemed to take place overly fast She went from hating him/trying to kill him to loving him in the space of 1 week. I found the story lacking in real emotion on the part of the heroine and did not hold my interest. ( )
  echarles18 | Mar 17, 2008 |
This supposedly "historical" romance really set me off. If only the author hadn't made Britain's infamous Corn Laws such a pivotal part of the plot, her total misunderstanding of what those laws pertained to (and it's *not* vegetables!) wouldn't have irked me so. That blunder spoiled what could/should have been a diverting bit of fluff - and this is supposedly the *revised* edition (it was rewritten extensively, according to the author's note). ( )
  Edrys | Jul 25, 2007 |

Belongs to Series

Please don't combine this work with "Lord Harry's Folly". Although it is a re-write, this is a different work.

Lord Harry's Folly, 1980, was rewritten as Lord Harry in 1995

Lord Harry, 1995, is a rewrite of Lord Harry's Folly, 1980

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,223,131 books! | Top bar: Always visible