Love Bites (Argeneau) by Lynsay Sands

Love Bites (Argeneau) (edition 2009)

by Lynsay Sands

Member:ocean_love09
Title:Love Bites (Argeneau)
Authors:Lynsay Sands
Info:Leisure Books (2009), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 373 pages

Love Bites by Lynsay Sands

It's difficult to keep track of all the members in the Argeneau clan, but I do enjoy it. Can be hit or miss though ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |
Read from August 21 to 29, 2013

Read for fun (Kindle Purchase 2009)
Tracking Books Read Review (short)
Overall Rating: 3.75
Story Rating: 3.50
Character Rating: 4.00

First Thought when Finished: I am not sure why it took so long to start the Argeneau series but I am glad that I started reading them. Love Bites was a fun story and perfect to read when you need to grin. I loved Etienne (all of them really) and thought Rachel was a great match for him. What can I say? I am sucker for the books that make me grin! ( )
  thehistorychic | Nov 20, 2013 |
A lovely installment about the Argeneau family with all the humor I've come to expect from Lynsay Sands ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 8, 2013 |
For the purposes of disclosure, I must admit that had I known that Love Bites was a paranormal romance, I never would have agreed to read this book. I am normally not a fan of paranormal romance, and try to avoid the genre altogether. That said, I must admit that I kind of liked the book. Yes, it had the usual boy meets girl, girl runs away from boy, and boy and girl get together storyline. It was extremely predictable for a lot of the book, but I still found it entertaining and when it comes to reading anything, the ability to hold my attention is extremely important. Unlike many paranormal romance books, I didn't find myself stopping because doing laundry seemed more interesting than reading this book.

I suppose I should give you a little background now. Etienne is a three hundred year old vampire who suddenly shows up in Rachel's morgue with a gunshot directly to his heart. Immediately Rachel finds herself attracted to the corpse however she calms herself when she realizes that what she is thinking about actually amounts to necrophilia. Rachel is sick with the flu and when Etienne sits up and begins to speak to her, she believes that she is having a fever induced hallucination and promptly passes out. Days later when he arrives in her morgue yet again he burned from head to toe but this time, a man intent on finishing the job actually mortally wounds Rachel when she attempts to save Etienne from having his head shopped off. To be clear, she intervened because she thought she sensed a heart beat coming from him.

When she awakes next she is in Etienne's home and he is faced with task of telling her that he has made her vampire rather than letting her die. What follows is one of the most humorous exchange that I have read in a paranormal romance book ever. With references to neck sucking and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Rachel attempts to understand what has happened to her. Next comes a series of interchanges with Etienne's vampire family and I can tell you that in between the mushy lovey dovey vanilla sex, that the laughs keep coming.

I really wanted to like Etienne, but I found his attempts to force Rachel to stay with him to be extremely manipulative. Rather than to help her take blood on her own he actually fed her spoiled blood so that she was be forced to rely on him for intravenous feeding. I also didn't like the fact that Etienne's cousin gave Rachel drug laced blood to encourage sex between Etienne and Rachel. When we consider how often women are slipped date rape drugs, this was uncomfortable to say the least. Even though Rachel did consent and consent enthusiastically to sex the degree to which she influenced by the drugs bothered me. When it comes to consent and sexual activity, there should never be any murky water.

Read More ( )
  FangsfortheFantasy | Sep 20, 2013 |
Love this whole series. ( )
  AuthorAnjela | Jul 17, 2013 |
For Deborah MacGillvray, a good friend and lady who came up with the brilliant title Single White Vampire.
"Yo, Rach. I'm gonna grab a java. You want anything?"

Etienne Argeneau's three hundred years of bachelorhood were at an end. Either that, or he'd be forever alone. He could only "turn" one human in his lifetime, and most of his kind reserved that power for creating a life mate. If he turned the wrong woman . . . But what choice did he have? He had to save Rachel Garrett. He didn't know her very well, but the beautiful coroner had saved his life. To save hers he would make her immortal.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0505525534, Mass Market Paperback)

Etienne Argeneau's three hundred years of bachelorhood are at an end. He can only "turn" one human in his lifetime, and most of his kind reserved that power for creating a life mate. He has to save Rachel Garrett. He doesn't know her very well, but the beautiful coroner had saved his life. To save hers he would make her immortal. Rachel Garrett awakes surprised. All she'd wanted was to get off the night shift at the morgue; now here she is staggering to her feet naked and in a strange place. Then she sees the man of her dreams emerging from his...coffin? She just hopes he tastes as good as he looks.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:59:58 -0400)

After Rachel Garrett, a gorgeous coroner, saves his life, vampire Etienne Argeneau returns the favor by giving her the gift of immortality and his eternal love.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,705,503 books! | Top bar: Always visible