Love Only Once (Malory Family, bk 1) by…

Love Only Once (Malory Family, bk 1) (edition 1985)

by Johanna Lindsey

Member:DreamingInFiction
Title:Love Only Once (Malory Family, bk 1)
Authors:Johanna Lindsey
Info:Avon (1985), Paperback
Collections:Your library, Want to read, but unowned
Tags:*to read

Love Only Once by Johanna Lindsey

I decided to re read this Malory Anderson series, as I am working on character sketch for this series and I had realized that I haven't reviewed much of the series and somehow Love Only Once fell through the cracks. And boy did I have a wonderful time reconnecting with this fun family and this romance that just gave me laughs and fun times. Love Only Once is the first book of the series and it starts off with Regina's story. Now Regina is the daughter of Melissa Malory, where she and her husband were killed in a fire when Regina was two years old. The rest of the Malory siblings raised her together but it was Anthony Malory she is the closest to. Regina is a heroine you just fall in love with right away. She is so devoted to her family. Her uncles and all of her cousins. I love the way she handles her family, you could say she is cunning but only in trying to help those she cares the most about. At the beginning, she is unsatisfied with all the matches and has gone through multiple seasons already. After visiting her Uncle Anthony, she is mistaken for someone else and kidnapped and taken to Nicholas Eden's home. When Nicholas realizes that its not his mistress at his home, but a strange woman he goes back home and chemistry sparks between them. But even though he returns her in secret. His ex mistress now, tells the worst gossips in the Ton about what happened and Regina's reputation is tattered and they are forced to marry. Now Nicholas has his own inner struggles and torments. His father is gone, and his mother (who is horrible) practically blackmails him around the circumstances surrounding his birth and believes that Regina will lose any feelings she has for him if she finds out the truth so he tries to push her away. But with the fun interference from Regina's family bring them back together and it gets pretty lively. You will fall in love with Nicholas and Regina and the whole Malory Family. ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 17, 2019 |
This is a re-read for me. I still enjoyed the story and I still loved characters. This is the first book in the Malory series and I love how she introduces the Malory family to you. This time around I did notice that the author jumps POV a lot! In my previous re-reads I hadn't noticed this, however by the end of the book I had gotten used to it.

Regina and Nicholas made me shake my head at times. So close to happiness, yet neither can see it. I really liked when Nicholas would set out to woo Regina. Kinda wish there was a bit more of that. I do like how the author puts so much into all the characters in the story. I really enjoy falling in love with secondary characters as well as the first.. I find them all so full of life that I want to read all of their stories as well. All in all a good first book for what I know is a great series. Up next is one of my all time Favourites!!! Anthony Malory!!! ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
Regina has 4 uncles in charge of looking after her during her debut season in society. She fears she'll never find one they approve of, that she could also love. She meets Nicholas, who is quite unsuitable and may even have a blood feud going with her Uncle James, but Regina is determined.
The first book in the Malory - Anderson series. ( )
  EmScape | Jul 7, 2017 |
This book was rather interesting. I like how Regina had such a protective family - she well needed in in the face of Nicholas who was bound and determined not to be hated. He nearly succeeded the opposite when he realized that he didn't need to fear her reaction to his situation. I hate how he abandoned her. There was no need for that. She didn't deserve it. His own thoughts blinded him to the truth. While she may have learned the truth she didn't hate him despite trying to for the way he treated her. It ends well but it was a bit rushed I believe. Rushed indeed. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
I liked this book. I would recommend. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |

Johanna Lindseyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Merlington, LauralReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bénita, PaulTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bean, JoyceAudio Recording Directorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Woessner, MartinAudio Recording Engineersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my niece and nephew,
Raegina Kaohukaukuahiwiokaala Howard
and Michael Lani Alii Howard
Chapter 1
1817 London

The fingers holding the brandy decanter were long and delicate.

WHEN LOVE IS BOTH TORMENT AND ECSTASY...

Her life changed forever the night she was abducted from a dark London street and carried to a stranger's townhouse. At first Regina Ashton was amused, then outraged at the arrogance of this bronzed, golden-curled seducer who so deftly taught her a woman's passion... and a woman's shame. Though he dragged her good name through the mud, Reggie knew she would never be able to forget Nicholas Eden.

Nicholas was intrigued by this fiery, black-haired beauty who stirred his desires in ways that no woman had before. But a painful secret from his past hardened his heart against Reggie completely -- while Reggie's pride reined back her own deep longings.

Fate and scandal had thrown them together. But it would take more than that to make them admit their needs. It was not until tragic misunderstandings and storm-tossed dangers almost destroyed everything they once shared that they realized their blazing destiny... to LOVE ONLY ONCE.

The exquisite niece of Lord Edward and Lady Charlotte Malory, Regina Ashton is outraged over her abduction by the arrogant, devilishly handsome Nicholas Eden—and is determined to make the rogue pay . . . with his heart.

A golden-haired seducer, Nicholas has been hardened by a painful secret in his past. And now that he has besmirched Reggie's good name, the hot-tempered lady has vowed to wed him. Her fiery beauty stirs Nicholas as no woman ever has—and the rake arouses Reggie's passion to an unendurable level. Such uncontrolled desires can lead only to dangerous misunderstandings . . . and, perhaps, to a love that can live only once in a lifetime.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:31 -0400)

Kidnapped and seduced by the handsome Nicholas Eden, lovely Regina Ashton falls for her captor, but scandal, danger, and tragic misunderstandings threaten their relationship, in a tale of Regency England.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,353,737 books! | Top bar: Always visible