The Life Story of Lester Sumrall: The Man,…

The Life Story of Lester Sumrall: The Man, the Ministry, the Vision

by Lester Sumrall

13None723,089 (3.5)None

No reviews

This giant of Pentecostal circles never saw himself that way, preferring to steamroll through projects god had for him. From his hilarious beginnings as a teenage preacher staring at a roomful of bemused farmers, to his final work as director of global food outreach, Sumrall lived with no regrets.

I daily realize that I cannot fill my father?s shoes, bit I find myself walking in his footsteps ? sharing his love for the lost, pasturing the church he founded, leading the areas of ministry that God first entrusted him, and believing and trusting God to direct us and give us strength to complete all that He has called us to do. Let me encourage you to ?arise? and continue to trust Him. Stephen Sumrall

240 pages Photo Section 5 1/2 X 8 3/8 Paperback

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:00 -0400)

For sheer entertainment, he was hard to beat. The Man of a Thousand Stories and the quick smile also stored up spiritual power form the Lord, and the result of all these characteristics was that Lester Sumrall worked to advance the gospel for a staggering 65 years. A leader. This giant of Pentecostal circles never saw himself that way, preferring to steamroll through projects God had for him. From his hilarious beginnings as a teenage preacher staring at a roomful of bemused farmers, to his final work as director of global food outreach, Sumrall lived with no regrets. This look back at his life is by turns funny, poignant, and inspiring. In this day of denominational partnership, which Sumrall would no doubt have loved, Christians of all backgrounds will enjoy the passion and power of a most remarkable life. Sumrall passed away in 1996, but not before preparing the ministry for that event. He worked to the last to feed the souls and bodies, the passions of his extraordinary life. I daily realize that I cannot fill my father's shoes, bit I find myself walking in his footsteps - sharing his love for the lost, pasturing the church he founded, leading the areas of ministry that God first entrusted him, and believing and trusting God to direct us and give us strength to complete all that He has called us to do. Let me encourage you to "arise" and continue to trust Him.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,454,612 books! | Top bar: Always visible