Airmail to the Moon by Tom Birdseye

Airmail to the Moon

by Tom Birdseye

10910110,750 (4.25)1 / 1

Someone stole Ora's tooth and she is on a mission to get the tooth back
1 book
  TUCC | May 31, 2017 |
Ora Mae is in search of her tooth. This is a cute story that is bound to be a favorite among young readers. Children who are losing teeth will find it enjoyable. ( )
  ceb651 | Nov 10, 2016 |
This book was ok for the most part, but I didn't enjoy it so much. The girl blames everyone in her family and decides to send whoever stole her tooth to the moon. It's a case of blaming and not thinking about how other people feel. ( )
  TeresaCruz | Oct 11, 2014 |
Summary:
This book is about a young girl who lost a tooth. She couldn't wait for the tooth fairy to come and leave her some money. When the tooth fairy didn't arrive, she became angry. She thought her tooth had been stolen and she went on a mission to find the thief. She was going to send the thief "airmail to the moon". She finally discovers that she had the tooth all along and felt embarrassed about her reaction.

Personal Reaction:
I thought the book taught a good lesson about embarrassment and responsibility for your actions. The young girl went around to all her family members accusing them of stealing her tooth, when she had the tooth all along and just didn't realize it. She blamed her family for something that they didn't do. She felt embarrassed when she realized that. People need to take responsibility when something like this happens. I know I have blamed someone for something before and it turned out that I had forgotten where I had put something. This can leave you feeling rather embarrassed.

Extension Ideas:
1. Have the class get in pairs and act out the story. One person blames the other for something and the second person defends themselves. Trade off and then discuss as a class how each felt and why.

2. Have the class write in a journal about what each character is feeling and why each character may feel that way.
  spring.rainbow | Jan 21, 2014 |
This is, hands down, my children's favorite book. It begs to be read with different voices, volumes and accents, and don't be surprised if any adults around you get caught up in the story and laugh as much as the kids do. It is priceless, and we love it. Gift it to a child you love, and read it the minute you get it. I would recommend pre-reading it a few times before you read it to kids if you want your delivery to be flawless... some of the phrases used in the story are a little hard to get out right the first time.
  gjchauvin504 | Oct 3, 2012 |

When the tooth that she was saving for the tooth fairy disappears, Ora Mae sets out to find the thief and send him "airmail to the moon!"

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,367,444 books! | Top bar: Always visible