Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs

Hunting Ground (edition 2009)

by Patricia Briggs

Info:Ace (2009), Edition: First Printing, Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Collections:Your library, Read, ebooks, Cover maybe done
Tags:Fic, SF, !Sale:FOAFL, __check_cover

Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs

English (71)  Piratical (1)  All languages (72)
Started it last night and read half of it before going to sleep. Inhaled the rest today. Fast moving story. Anna is learning more about being an Omega and learning how to be comfortable with being a werewolf. She's also learning how to trust Charles more. Looking forward to the next book!

Because its been awhile, and I think there's another coming out soon, I reread to refresh my memory. Now Tom and Moira's short story makes sense in how it fits in this world. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
A fast paced, impeccably written plot. There is a mystery of who is behind the murders of a mate and Alphas. In this book we get to learn more of what the Alpha and Omegas abilities are. Anna is anything but week and battered. Charles is sent to Seattle instead of his father, bringing his new mate, Anna – an extremely rare Omega wolf. With a powerful Gray Lord fae and a wacky were that thinks he is a noble night of the round table ? Highly recommended series. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
4 stars for the story and 4 stars for the audio narration. I really liked. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
Anna and Charles continue to be my favorite couple. They complement each other so well. I enjoyed the continuing evolution of their relationship. Anna continued to struggle with the after effects of the abuse she endured in her first three years as a wolf but in this book she really began to find her own true power. This Omega is one tough chick and getting quite a body count of her own. Charles was wonderfully patient, understanding and supportive as usual. I especially liked how the two of them talked to each other about things that bothered them or made them insecure. No stupid misunderstandings for the sake of plot. Anna and Charles have only been together a few months?(weeks?) but their relationship is very loving and mature. I just love these two together!

The only negative with this book is that the end felt a little rushed. There was plenty of mystery and intrigue in the first 240 pages then it felt like all of a sudden the story needed to be over RIGHT NOW. Then again, maybe that's just how wolves are. They have no past or future. The only thing that matters is the present and when mates are in danger time is of the essence.

I believe there's one more adventure left for Anna and Charles. Can't wait to see what happens to them next!

1 vote Akaria | May 13, 2015 |
While I enjoyed this book, I didn't enjoy it as much as the first. The story was well done, and had some interesting pieces of it, but the whole story behind the Alpha and Omega and how that influences each other and the other wolves, always felt to be poorly explained. I still feel I missing a big chunk of information, to fully understand how it all works. In fact a lot of aspects of the wolves, such as their magic, has little explanation, and while I don't think it needs pages and pages of explanation, I think there needs to be something, to give the reader a better understanding on the wolves.

The characters were well done, and are well plotted out. Anna's growth is gradual, but she is definitely growing as a character, very different than the Anna first seen in the short story. I'm interested in seeing her in the next book.

Overall, a good read, but it just missed the mark for me.

Also found on my book review blog Jules' Book Reviews - Hunting Ground ( )
  bookwormjules | Feb 10, 2015 |
I'm not going to spend a lot of column space on [Hunting Ground]. It's more to let you know that the second "Alpha and Omega" novel is just as strong a contender as any of Briggs's previous Urban Fantasy books.

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Briggs, MikeAuthor photosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
DeFex, Annette FioreCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
del Rosario, KristinDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Enzweiler, MichaelCartographersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Boo. To my home team,
who puts up with 'get your own meals',
frozen pizza, and glop so I can get the book done.
Love you all:
Michael, Collin, Amanda, and Jordan.
She observed him from her chosen cover, as she'd done twice before.

Mated to werewolf Charles Cornick, the son—and enforcer—of the leader of the North American werewolves, Anna Latham now knows how dangerous being a werewolf is, especially when a werewolf who opposes Charles and his father is struck down. Charles’s reputation makes him the prime suspect, and the penalty for the crime is execution. Now Anna and Charles must combine their talents to hunt down the real killer—or Charles will take the fall.

The Marrok has decided it is time for the werewolves to 'come out' as the fey already have. Alphas from Europe come to Seattle to discuss the issue, but deaths occur which need to be solved and righted.

"Anna Latham didn't know how complicated life could be until she became a werewolf. And until she was mated to Charles Cornick, the son--and enforcer--of Bran, the leader of the North American werewolves, she didn't know how dangerous it could be, either... Anna and Charles have just been enlisted to attend a summit to present Bran's controversial proposition: that the wolves should finally reveal themselves to humans. But the most feared Alpha in Europe is dead set against the plan--and it seems like someone else might be, too. When Anna is attacked by vampires using pack magic, the kind of power only werewolves should be able to draw on, Charles and Anna must combine their talents to hunt down whoever is behind it all--or risk losing everything..."--p. [4] of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,193,988 books! | Top bar: Always visible