Hector and the Search for Happiness by…

Hector and the Search for Happiness (2004)

by François Lelord

Series: Hector (1)

Recently added byprivate library, rmilne, Haijavivi, NoelleButtry, ginko724, intleser, mathieuwa
    The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce (Alliebadger)
    Alliebadger: Both interesting journeys about a search for meaning in life.

English (25)  German (3)  All languages (28)
Il était une fois un jeune psychiatre nommé Hector qui n'était pas très content de lui : il voyait bien qu'il n'arrivait pas à ren,dre les ges heureux. Hector décide donc de partir en voyage autour du monde pour comprendre ce qui fait vraiment le bonheur. Pourquoi rêvons-nous souvent d'une vie plus heureuse sans apprécier la nôtre ? Trouve-t-on le bonheur dans la réussite ou dans les relations avec les autres ? Dépend-il des circonstances ou d'une manière de voir les choses ? Après bien des aventures et d'étonnantes rencontres, Hector saura mieux répondre à ces questions...

Entre voyage initiatique et conte pour grandes personnes, le regard tendre et amusé d'un psy sur nos doutes et notre soif de bonheur.
  Haijavivi | Jun 12, 2019 |
Meh.
A rare occasion where I recommend the movie over the book. ( )
  kmajort | Feb 9, 2018 |
An easy read, heartwarming and not too taxing.
Hector the psychiatrist in search of the meaning of happiness.
A great read. One for the long winter nights with a cup of hot chocolate!
I was given a digital copy of this novel by the publisher via Netgalley in return for an honest unbiased review. ( )
  Welsh_eileen2 | Jan 23, 2016 |
I think this is what people call a nice "little" book. I read it in two evenings. A nice little story about a psychiatrist on his quest to find out what happiness is. I read through a couple of reviews here and I think I see where people are coming from. It isn't a great work of literature. Yes it repeats things we have read and heard before - many times. Yes - oh shock and panic - it mentions women and Hector has relationships with them. Yes he is a man and he likes pretty women.

The book entertained me. I enjoyed reading it, I had a giggle or two, I wasn't really upset or annoyed about anything I read. Anyone who expects more will be disappointed. Oh and yes it is written in a style which might remind some of adults storytelling to children. It reminded me more of an artist I like a lot - Michael Leunig. http://www.leunig.com.au/ the reason is that both, Leunig and Lelord have a way to take things less serious, more playful. But both often drill to the core of our consciousness. Both often hit the nail square on its head. ( )
  PeterNZ | May 11, 2015 |
Read this on the plane to and from Germany on a rare weekend away from the Bedfordshire portacabin. I kept waiting for it to be transcendent... and it never was. I get that we are suppose to learn the simple lessons of happiness that Hector encounters, but it felt childishly written - and not in a good way like The Girl Who Saved The King Of Sweden. Next. ( )
  readingwithtea | Dec 22, 2014 |
Once upon a time there was a young psychiatrist called Hector who was not very satisfied with himself.

Hector keeps a list of observations about the people he meets, hoping to find the secret to happiness in his travels.

HighBridge Audio

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge Audio.

HighBridge

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,631,822 books! | Top bar: Always visible