Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Horses: A Guide to Selection, Care, and Enjoyment
No current Talk conversations about this book.
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0805072519, Paperback)
For almost twenty years, Horses has been the definitive horse care manual, an indispensable reference for anyone who shows, races, breeds, or rides horses.
Now Horses is available for the first time in paperback in a completely revised and updated new edition, offering all the latest information necessary for the competent care and recreational use of horses today. It covers every vital phase of buying, managing, enjoying, and raising horses and features a wealth of illustrations and photo sequences showing step-by-step management procedures, as well as more technical information for advanced owners. The Third Edition also reflects recent findings in health care and research, and includes
* A new chapter on business practices in the horse industry
* Current recommendations for internal parasite control
* Information on equine assisted therapy
* Linebreeding, the Dosage Index, and the Rasmussen Factor
* Recent information on coat color inheritance
* The physiology of conditioning performance horses
* The practical use of behavior for training
Comprehensive, authoritative, and accessible, Horses, Third Edition is an essential reference book for anyone who cares for a horse, from novice to experienced owner.
(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:59 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.