The Olympian by E.S. Kraay

The Olympian (2008)

by E.S. Kraay

6None1,258,183 (4.25)None

Powerful book on human values. Unique story that juxtaposes the 75th Olympiad in 480 BC with the stand of the 300 Spartans at Thermopylae. ( )
  baddyo | Oct 1, 2008 |
I was 12-years-old when my father took me to my first Olympic Games. That was a long time ago, but I remember, even then, he concluded that his only son would not be an athlete.
No man lives forever, though what he leaves behind can endure so other men might benefit from each man's knowledge.

It is the 75th Olympiad, 480 BC. The sacred truce has been declared even as Persian King Xerxes crosses the Hellespont with his million-man army bent on bringing the free state of Greece to heel. Amid the crowds of Olympia and threatened by the clash of armies, two men, one a boxer, the other a poet learn the true value of a human life.

E.S. Kraay is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,425,685 books! | Top bar: Always visible