Of Noble Birth by Brenda Novak

Of Noble Birth (edition 1999)

by Brenda Novak

Collections:Your library, Read but unowned, Favorites
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Georgian, Historical Romance, Nautical, Piracy

Of Noble Birth by Brenda Novak

(6/10) I think I got this on a deal for my kindle, I probably wouldn't have bothered with it otherwise. It was a very light read and I did get hooked which is why it only took a little over a week for me to read.

I thought Nathaniel and Alexandra were both likable characters and could relate to them both, I did also feel that their chemistry was well written and the struggle of resisting each other was a big part of the novel. I did feel this might have gone on a bit too long and was willing them both to come to their senses.

I enjoyed the backstories of the characters and thought all the action was well written and not too confusing to follow as I have found with some books previously.

The main thing that I felt let the book down was that there is not pay off for the reader, you never actually see the characters get together, you follow all the angst and desire and then it is cut dead. I know a few other readers have commented on how amazed they were that Nathaniel was so able bodied seeing as he only had one arm, I quite honestly forgot he had one arm at times and was imagining him with two so obviously something got lost here between the book and my mind.

I did enjoy the book and it hasn't put me off trying Brenda Novak again, I know she has written a few other historical romances which are now on my want to read list. ( )
  LiteraryReadaholic | Mar 8, 2017 |
Alexandra, is desperate to escape her cruel stepfather who beats her, she finds a way to escape with a disguise never expecting to be kidnapped and taken aboard a pirate's ship. Only they think she is a daughter of a lord so they can ransom her, but no matter how much she protests they don't believe her to be a seamstress. Nathaniel, is very bitter toward his father, but when one of his closest friends gets captured he goes out to capture his father daughter, and his step sister....only he never expected that he would be so attracted to a relation, but something nags at him, that she is not at all who she appears to be and that she is hiding something, and that this increasing desire that he has for her might just inflame them both...
This is the first book that I have read by Brenda Novak and I just fell in love with this book, and I want to read more by this author....the synopsis and the cover are what drew me to open the pages, but once I really got into the story I could barely put it down and found entranced by the amazingly written love story of two people that come from different situations in life however they share one thing... a common love and desire for each other. Of Noble Birth is of the Georgian Time period and is packed with excitement, adventure, passion, and a intense love story that will leave you with delight. ( )
1 vote addictofromance | Feb 25, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061098590, Mass Market Paperback)

He Was a Man Who Took What He Wanted.
And He Wanted Her.

To escape her cruel stepfather, seamstress Alexandra Cogsworth envisioned sailing far from England . . . though not as a captive aboard a pirate's ship.

Pirate Captain Nathaniel Kent's strategy for exacting revenge on his cold-hearted father involved taking a valuable hostage . . . not a seamstress he mistakenly thinks is his half sister.

Yet fate has designs of its own, landing them both on board the Royal Vengeance. At sea, Nathaniel intercepts and plunders his father's ships, all the while tormented by his illicit hunger for the tempting prisoner he thinks is his blood relation. And although Alexandra wants no part in this terrifying voyage, to reveal her true identity to the handsome, blue-eyed Nathaniel would invite danger. Not only would she become worthless cargo, but the revelation would surely unleash what she and Nathaniel have been fiercely battling--a rising undercurrent of impossible desire that could sweep them away for good.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:05 -0400)

To escape her cruel stepfather, seamstress Alexandra Cogsworth envisioned sailing far from England, though not as a captive aboard a pirateís ship. Pirate captain Nathaniel Kentís strategy for exacting revenge on his coldhearted father involved taking a valuable hostage, not a seamstress he mistakenly thinks is his half sister. Yet fate has designs of its own, landing them both on board the Royal Vengeance. At sea, Nathaniel intercepts and plunders his fatherís ships, all the while tormented by his illicit hunger for the tempting prisoner he thinks is his blood relation. And although Alexandra wants no part in this terrifying voyage, to reveal her true identity to the handsome, blue-eyed Nathaniel would invite danger. Not only would she become worthless cargo, but the revelation would surely unleash what she and Nathaniel have been fiercely battling, a rising undercurrent of impossible desire that could sweep them away for good.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,899,099 books! | Top bar: Always visible