Eye Witness: Rise of the Apostle by Robert…

Eye Witness: Rise of the Apostle (2008)

by Robert James Luedke

411,664,912 (4)None

Many years ago one of my sons was a distinctly reluctant reader. We discovered graphic novel versions of various classic books in a store in England and started buying them for him. And he started to read. So, though I’m not really into graphic novels for myself, I certainly see their value. And I was delighted, as well as curious, when I got the chance to read Robert Luedke’s Christian graphic novel.

While archeologist Dr. Terry Harper struggles to return to the States after an assassination attempt, his blackouts reveal the story of “super-apostle” Paul, lifted from powerful enemy to powerful befriender of the faith. The art is bright and full of action and character. The dialog is fun, with a pleasing blend of familiar and strange. The storyline blends history with action-adventure. And the overall impression is the same as those long-ago classics—something that I’m sure will appeal to the reluctant reader, and the reluctant, or enthusiastic Christian teen or preteen.

Rise of the Apostle is the third in a set of novels. I’m passing it on to our youth group at church, and hope perhaps they might choose to read the others—if they get them for the library I shall probably sneak in to catch up on them myself. I want to know what happens next to the archeologist, and see how the stories play out. ( )
  SheilaDeeth | Nov 11, 2009 |

Winner in the catagory of graphic novels at the 2008 USA Book News, Best Book Awards.
renowned forensic Archeologist, Dr. Terry Harper, has miraculously survived two assassination attempts within the span of 10 days. As Israeli police try to uncover exactly who is behind these inexplicable attacks, Harper, aided by a mysterious exCIA operative, try to escape the Middle East. Will they be able to return to the safety of the United States, before another can be launched? Throughout the journey, Harper experiences blackout induced visions, that case him to become an unwitting eyewitness to the birth of the Christian faith, and view the amazing transformation of Saul the persecutor, into the SUPER APOSTLE Paul. In this third book of the AWARD-WINNING Eye Witness graphic novel series, the missions of the super-apostle Paul, are examined like never before as the author delves into questions like...What happened to Paul between the time when his sight was taken on the road to Damascus to when he returned to that city, three years later?

Rise of the Apostle, takes the reader through a full color, fully illustrated rollercoaster ride which features the intertwining of a modern day action-thriller with an adaptation of the Book of Acts. The Eye Witness series is appropriate for readers from early teen and up.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:13 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,474,696 books! | Top bar: Always visible